Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: gasmelincelr Bowser oil cart parts - Fri Nov 01 2013 11:24 PM
Looking for either the standard outlets for this lube cart or the visi units. I need the elbows, straight tube, and the spigot for the standard set up or if you have visi parts that would also be good. Thanks.

Attached picture DSC03466-002.JPG
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Bowser oil cart parts - Sat Nov 02 2013 12:32 AM
Please post a Better picture of the "Visi" Top/Bottom pieces.
In picture they appear to be SAMPLE Tubes to show what is being pumped from the tank, not a true Visi [like used on gas pumps.
I'm pretty sure they are an Add on & Not a BOWSER ITEM.
Posted By: gasmelincelr Re: Bowser oil cart parts - Sat Nov 02 2013 12:47 AM
Dick, I called them a visi because I couldn't think of a better word. Here are pictures.

Attached picture DSC03467-002.JPG
Attached picture DSC03468.JPG
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Bowser oil cart parts - Sat Nov 02 2013 01:04 AM
What is the meas. from casting to casting?
I have some New Sample Bottles w/ corks [same as Old Originals] 1 3/8" x 6 3/8" + cork, as pictured below;

Attached picture Gilmore smp btl.jpg
Posted By: gasmelincelr Re: Bowser oil cart parts - Sat Nov 02 2013 01:23 AM
Didn't the oil pump up one tube and go down the other so that the customer could see it flowing? When I look at the casting it has an inlet and an outlet. I think it is a form of visi. No? OD is 1 3/8", height is about 8 3/4".
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Bowser oil cart parts - Sat Nov 02 2013 01:46 AM
To my knowledge BOWSER didn't make those, Jack Sim Might have something on them.
The TEXACO ones I've seen were a static display & have POT METAL Castings. Your appear to be Cast Iron.
Posted By: gasmelincelr Re: Bowser oil cart parts - Sat Nov 02 2013 01:54 AM
I think they are brass. I went out in the dark with a flashlight and took another look at them. They are a visi, oil went up and then down. Maybe Jack will read this and pull something out of his hat. I checked his first edition and couldn't find anything under Bowser like this.
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: Bowser oil cart parts - Sat Nov 02 2013 04:37 AM
How about a picture of the unit straight on instead of from overhead?

Will see what I can find, at least the era it was born.

Jack Sim
Posted By: gasmelincelr Re: Bowser oil cart parts - Sat Nov 02 2013 03:11 PM
Jack, I provided a photo of the bottom casting where it would screw onto the lubester. The oil has to travel up one side. The picture of the upper casting shows the transfer port. And a side profile. Hope this helps. Thanks.

Attached picture DSC03472.JPG
Attached picture DSC03473.JPG
Attached picture DSC03474.JPG
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk