Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: BOTTCAVE WANTED: TOKHEIM 36B-DP (CLOCK FACE) RESET KNOB - Sat Jan 25 2014 01:42 AM
Hello fellow Petrolanians, I'm new to the forum. I'm trying to find a reset knob for my nearly finished Tokheim 36B-DP (clock face), either an aluminum reproduction or an original. I've looked around at the usual sites and found nothing.
HELP!
Tok. 850/950 [rnd knob] & 870 use the same Reset Knob.
Repop's look like $%^&*
If you are OK with a reproduction Ron Scobie has them. http://www.gaspump.com/Other_Parts.html

They are not ready to use. They need work because they are a recast, but can be nice if time is spent on them.
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: WANTED: TOKHEIM 36B-DP (CLOCK FACE) RESET KNOB - Sun Jan 26 2014 02:39 AM
For the reproduction knobs--I have the tool it takes to cut the square hole in the center, so It fits the shaft properly.
Posted By: BOTTCAVE Re: WANTED: TOKHEIM 36B-DP (CLOCK FACE) RESET KNOB - Sun Jan 26 2014 02:56 AM
I can't seem to get Scobie to respond to either calls or emails.
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: WANTED: TOKHEIM 36B-DP (CLOCK FACE) RESET KNOB - Sun Jan 26 2014 03:06 AM
No one can at the moment--he's gotten overloaded with orders again, and he quits answering the phone until he catches up. Patience, he'll be back.
Posted By: wfort39663 Re: WANTED: TOKHEIM 36B-DP (CLOCK FACE) RESET KNOB - Sun Jan 26 2014 04:02 AM
I have used a couple of the repops from Ron and they work fine if you have a little patience in drilling the hole and filing to make it fit the six sided shaft. A tool like Kevin mentioned would make it easy.
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: WANTED: TOKHEIM 36B-DP (CLOCK FACE) RESET KNOB - Sun Jan 26 2014 05:22 PM
Bill--The tool is called a broach and I had my machinist order it for me, and its a tapered, 6 sided shaft that has cutting edges on all 6 sides and cuts the excess metal away as its pushed thru the hole. Pretty neat tool, but made for one specific purpose.
Posted By: BOTTCAVE Re: WANTED: TOKHEIM 36B-DP (CLOCK FACE) RESET KNOB - Fri Jan 31 2014 01:10 AM
I finally got hold of Scobie, the reset knob is on the way.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk