Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: rumbleseat WTB: Vintage Mail Collection Box - Wed Jun 10 2020 04:18 AM
Gents:
I am looking for an old mailbox like the one pictured. Not the coin bank version, but a real, off the street mailbox. Preferably complete with the front schedule frame and not busted up too bad. They came in 3 different sizes in this style but I do not care which size I end up with. If you have one in this style you'd like to sell, drop me a line. They do pop up for sale but I'm kind of in a time pinch with this one. If I can't get one in time, I'll move on to something else, but thought I'd try.

Thanks for your help.
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: WTB: Vintage Mail Collection Box - Wed Jun 10 2020 01:46 PM
You may not want a restored one.

Attached picture DSC02290.JPG
Posted By: rumbleseat Re: WTB: Vintage Mail Collection Box - Wed Jun 10 2020 05:19 PM
Nice box. I have restored several, I even make and sell the mounting brackets that seem to always be missing ($100 shipped US, I have 2 available). I would prefer an unrestored one but won't rule out anything if it's available.

Mounting Brackets:

Posted By: rumbleseat Re: WTB: Vintage Mail Collection Box - Mon Jun 29 2020 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by rumbleseat
I even make and sell the mounting brackets that seem to always be missing ($100 shipped US, I have 2 available)

Mounting Brackets:

Only one bracket left for sale and still looking for the mailbox. Thanks
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk