Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: steve zanin TOKEIM MODEL 39 - Mon Dec 18 2006 06:48 PM
Here's probably a dumb question.....but can anyone tell me how to "roll back" the price numbers on a model 39 ? it looks like it takes a special tool or key ? would like to change the price back to the "days of old" !!! Thanks for any help ! Z
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: TOKEIM MODEL 39 - Mon Dec 18 2006 08:00 PM
Howdy Z,
I do not think it's a dumb question at all. I also own a 39 and will be interested in the answer when it comes up. I see a pin with different holes to put it in. But I did not want to pull anything out of the computer and see it explode on me.
Mike
Posted By: travis_towle Re: TOKEIM MODEL 39 - Mon Dec 18 2006 09:36 PM
On the bottom of the "computer" there is a round metal box type area with the pins - "under the numbers". There should be a little door if the cover is on, that covers the gears inside. Inside that door is a flat area that has numbers on it, on one side 01 02 03 04 etc. and on the other 10 20 30 40 etc. You move pull the pins and push the nobs to the price you want so the pins realigh and slide the pin back in to hold it...

If you want a price of 22 you would select 20 and then 02. It would then be set.

IF the numbers and gears/pins are STUCK - then you have to pull the keeper pins inside the top of price numbers and pry the number up and set it back down with the number you want facing out.

Easy...

Travis E. Towle
Topeka, Kansas

785-357-1004

[This message has been edited by travis_towle (edited 12-18-2006).]
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: TOKEIM MODEL 39 - Mon Dec 18 2006 09:55 PM
I sell a parts repair manual for the Tokheim 38, on the back pages is instructions on changing the price on the Veeder-Root computer. I also have Service Manuals for the Veeder-Root computer.
Email me.
Jack Sim
Author, Gas Pump Identification book, Air Meter Identification book
Posted By: steve zanin Re: TOKEIM MODEL 39 - Tue Dec 19 2006 12:55 AM
Thanks Travis ! worked like a charm !!! Z
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk