Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: White Star Cleaning Nozzle's - Sat Dec 02 2006 01:29 PM
Can anyone give me some ideas on how to clean old brass nozzles?
I also would like to know if it ok to use clear lacquer on them after cleaned up?
I want to hang them on a wall in my garage.
Thanks, Wayne

------------------
Posted By: st.rod Re: Cleaning Nozzle's - Sat Dec 02 2006 01:49 PM
I used to have access toa glass bead blaster and for me that was the was to go for cleaning. As for if its ok to put clear on.....Its yours! I sprayed shake and shoot clear on a brass nozzle I had polished because I did not want it to tarnish. It dulled the brass shine ever so slighly but kept it looking good for years outside.
Larry
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: Cleaning Nozzle's - Sat Dec 02 2006 08:26 PM
Wayne, If you don't mind elbow grease then use that old military standby, Brasso. Or dip it in some CLR. I use both methods, I dip in CLR for no more than 30 seconds to loosen up any dirt and grime and then use the Brasso with a soft toothbrush and soft cloth to clean it completely. I beleive that a good clear lacquer sprayed evenly would work good.
Bob
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: Cleaning Nozzle's - Sat Dec 02 2006 09:09 PM
Howdy Wayne,
I wish I knew an easier way. Brasso, cloth and elbow grease. If you want it to stay shiny spray with a clear lacquer. I have sprayed the semi-gloss on a bronze bell before. It dulls it down but it keeps the tarnish away. Did not hurt anything but I am cleaning it again and using the clear this time. Good luck,
Mike
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk