Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Oldgas Members can post replies to this forum - Sun Feb 08 2009 03:55 AM
I enabled members who are logged in to post replies on this forum. This forum category is intended to be a blog about changes, new features and how to use this site.

If you'd like to see a forum feature explained or ask a question about using Shop Talk, click on the "Contact" link on the top right side of this page and send me your request.
Posted By: st.rod Re: Members can post replies to this forum - Wed Feb 11 2009 11:11 PM
Howdy Jim,

I like that we have a 'users list'. Something I for one have wanted. However, and "there is always a however in life", couldn't it be alphabetical? It appears to me to be random. Not by year of joining or anything. What I mean is anyone looking for a member has to (possibly) scroll completely through any given letter of the alphabet to find the member they are looking to contact.

Larry
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Members can post replies to this forum - Thu Feb 12 2009 01:34 AM
Hi Larry,
The User List is anything but random. It can be arranged by the last time the user logged on, alphabetically, or several other criteria. The default display is by number of posts, largest number first.

The title at the top of each column is a link to rearrange by that criteria. The active arrangement has a tiny triangle next to the title at the top of the column. You can click on the triangle to flip the list upsidedown, or from A-Z to Z-A.

You may also click on a letter in the box at the top to see only names starting with that letter. Then you can arrange them by clicking on one of the column titles. You may also search for a name or partial name with the search box.

I'll go into more depth about the User List in a post later just about that. Only registered members who are logged in can see the User List.
Posted By: Gargoyle Re: Members can post replies to this forum - Mon Feb 11 2013 07:46 PM
hi, Jin -
As a new-"er" guy, I appreciate your tips & tricks on this forum. Is there a way to attach an image file to a PM?
best,
Tom
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Members can post replies to this forum - Mon Feb 11 2013 08:56 PM
The File Manager image upload is not available in PM messages. But you can use a 3rd party image host and paste the code to display the image that is provided by them. A tutorial for using ImageShack is in the Testing Area forum. Using PhotoBucket is very similar.

http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=126797
Posted By: Gargoyle Re: Members can post replies to this forum - Mon Feb 11 2013 10:17 PM
Thanx for the reply, Jim (and mea culpa for "fat-fingering" your name earlier).....I'll check that out.
Posted By: rogerg Re: Members can post replies to this forum - Mon Feb 11 2013 11:23 PM
If someone wants to sell something on here and have a certain percentage or perhaps the whole thing go to Oldgas, how is that accomplished to get the funds to Oldgas?

thanks!
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Members can post replies to this forum - Tue Feb 12 2013 12:01 AM
Gargoyle Tom,
I've been called much worse than "Jin" I didn't even notice your spelling.

Rogerg,
There is no obligation or expectation to pay Oldgas.com a fee for selling or buying here. If a member wants to make a donation, he can click on "Help" on the upper left on the forum. On the Help page, a Paypal Donate button will appear on the left column when the page fully loads. You can click on that to send something in or click on "Contact" to make other arrangements.

Often the seller has the buyer send me something and also requests that I let the seller know when that is done.

The support from members financially, by answering questions and posting pictures on the forum is very appreciated. Most of our funding comes from advertisers. Especially clicking and bidding from the eBay links we provide and using the eBay search box at the bottom of every forum page is what pays for most of our free services.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk