Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Oldgas Polls Enabled, make your own survey - Wed Jul 01 2009 02:01 AM
I've enabled members to take polls in topics they post on the General Petroliana Discussion and Non-Petro Discussion forums. This means you can make up a survey yourself and see the results as members vote for choices you set up.

Here's how:

* Click the button to Post New Topic in one of the forums mentioned above
* Click on "Poll Manager" on the topic submission form
* Then click on the button "Add a Poll"
* Then fill in the Poll Name, number of choices to vote for, choose if the user gets one choice or can check several choices - then "submit"
* Then Fill in a short description for each of your choices - "submit"
* Then optionally choose a start and stop time for the survey - "submit"
* Click the button "Done adding polls" or add another poll in the same topic.
* Put a short explanation of the poll in the topic Post text box and submit the topic

Please avoid controversial political or objectionable poll content. Have fun and maybe we'll all learn something too.

Here is an example poll in this topic. Go ahead and take the poll!
If you are on the Portal page reading this, click on the topic name link above to see the poll, "Polls Enabled, make your own survey"
Posted By: st.rod Re: Polls Enabled, make your own survey - Sun Jul 05 2009 08:32 PM
Jim, Sorry but I do not see when I click on new topic anything about "Poll Manager"

Might just be my computer... does anyone else see it?

Larry

* Click the button to Post New Topic in one of the forums mentioned above
* Click on "Poll Manager" on the topic submission form

Okay I see it at the 'bottom' of the page on Non-Petro, but don't see it on General Petroliana
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: Polls Enabled, make your own survey - Sun Jul 05 2009 11:25 PM
HERE IS WHAT I FIND...

THE POLL MANAGER APPEARS WHEN I GO TO POST A NEW TOPIC IN THE NON SECTION

BUT "FILE MANAGER" APPEARS WHEN I GO TO POST A BEW TOPIC IN THE GENERAL SECTION.

SO I GUESS I AM ONLY EXPERIENCING HALF OF WHAT ST. ROD IS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH.
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Polls Enabled, make your own survey - Mon Jul 06 2009 12:18 AM
You guys are right. I didn't have the General Petro Discussion forum fully enabled. It was enabled for moderators not for members. My mistake. Sorry.

Now the polls are enabled for new topics in both the the General Petroliana Discussion and Non-Petro Discussion forums. Give it a try.
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: Polls Enabled, make your own survey - Mon Jul 06 2009 12:23 AM
YUP! YUP! WORKS NOW JIM. GENERAL SHOWS FILE AND POLL MANAGER!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk