Direct Image Upload enabled in Non-Petro forums

Posted by: Oldgas

Direct Image Upload enabled in Non-Petro forums - Sun Aug 02 2009 09:47 PM

I've now enabled members to upload images directly to Oldgas.com in the Non-Petro forums. Instructions are in a message at the top of the topic list on those forums.

The reason for the expanded upload policy is because of ImageShack's recent addition of "Related Images" in a slide show at the bottom of their image viewing pages. While many of the images are related, some have been seriously objectionable.

So we are encouraging members to use our Direct Image Upload to avoid exposure to objectionable images on ImageShack.
Posted by: Maps for the memories

Re: Direct Image Upload enabled in Non-Petro forums - Fri Aug 07 2009 08:13 PM

Thanks--
It's just soaked in now what you have done for us. I have been using the server space provided by my ISP, and that's going to run out one of these days.
Much appreciated!
Judy
Posted by: healamonster

Re: Direct Image Upload enabled in Non-Petro forums - Fri Apr 13 2012 08:01 AM

Hey Jim, is there a seperate login and password needed to add pictures to the Gas Station Photo Album? I have a few interesting pics I would like to share with members here.
thanks
paul
Posted by: Oldgas

Re: Direct Image Upload enabled in Non-Petro forums - Fri Apr 13 2012 10:36 AM

Hi Paul,
On GasPumps.info we used to allow uploads and comments on the Gas Station Photo Albums there but it became too time consuming to deal with spam and other unacceptable content. Now, only I and another volunteer have the access to upload pictures.

http://www.gaspumps.info/gallery/main.php

If you would like to add photos to the albums, you have two options.

1. Post the images on Oldgas.com Shop Talk in the appropriate forum and send me an email or PM message that you'd like to see them in the Gas Station Photo Album.

2. Send me the images as attachments to email. Click on my "Oldgas" name at left and choose "Profile" to see my email address.

Thanks!