Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: NvrDun 10' Magnolia Sign - Sat Jan 02 2016 06:58 PM
Picked this Magnolia Sign up recently and was hoping you guys can enlighten me on its history? The colors have me stumped and I cant place an age range? Makers mark is Veribite Signs-Chicago, but that is the only markings on the front or back of the sign. Actual sign measurements are 118"x22", heavy sign w/ great gloss and thick shelving. Sign is arrow straight with the few chips pictured. Estimates on approximate value would be great as well, I can find no comparibles online.

Any help/info is much appreciated.

Posted By: richlube Re: 8' Magnolia Sign - Sat Jan 02 2016 07:02 PM
never seen that one with those colors and art deco style lettering.
Posted By: DCpate Re: 8' Magnolia Sign - Sat Jan 02 2016 08:03 PM
$1500-2500 imo
Love the color variation magnolia used, I have a 2 piece version of this sign.
Posted By: NvrDun Re: 8' Magnolia Sign - Sat Jan 02 2016 11:03 PM
Originally Posted By richlube
never seen that one with those colors and art deco style lettering.

The only other one I had ever seen before this one was in an restaurant in Louisiana

Originally Posted By DCpate
$1500-2500 imo
Love the color variation magnolia used, I have a 2 piece version of this sign.

Colors are definitely unique, had no idea they made a 2 pc version as well, would love to see pics
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: 8' Magnolia Sign - Sun Jan 03 2016 01:12 AM
That is very cool, sort of resembles those Sinclair signs similar to that. Great piece!
Posted By: DCpate Re: 8' Magnolia Sign - Sun Jan 03 2016 05:27 PM
I don't have a pic of my 2 piece, it's in storage now. But it bolts in the middle of the "N" and is prob 12 feet long roughly.

It is not a bulk plant sign either but the canopy sign Magnolia used at their stations. They also used a self framed red and white version after this one...

Very close to the Sinclair strip signs but cooler imo
Posted By: NvrDun Re: 8' Magnolia Sign - Tue Jan 05 2016 12:38 AM
Originally Posted By DCpate
I don't have a pic of my 2 piece, it's in storage now. But it bolts in the middle of the "N" and is prob 12 feet long roughly.

It is not a bulk plant sign either but the canopy sign Magnolia used at their stations. They also used a self framed red and white version after this one...

Very close to the Sinclair strip signs but cooler imo

Yea I had seen the Red & white version before, but never this one. Interesting to know this one pre-dates it. Agreed on the Sinclair comparison, these are cooler and more unique..... Appreciate the info
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk