Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: bigandtall Shell Chassis Sign - Tue Aug 08 2017 10:57 AM
I seem to have no problem finding rough signs. I don't mind decorating with a few of them as long as I don't over pay for them. Found this one for $650 and the seller is firm at $600 and has been firm at that price for two months.

For a decoration, and not a collector sign, is this price still too high? I'm not certain of the rarity or price of this sign in good or great condition. Thanks.

Attached picture IMG_3106.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3107.JPG
Posted By: advertologist Re: Shell Chassis Sign - Tue Aug 08 2017 12:23 PM
regardless of price, "BUY QUALITY" .. ... cool

yes in that condition for decorative purposes too much
Posted By: bigandtall Re: Shell Chassis Sign - Tue Aug 08 2017 12:43 PM
Originally Posted By advertologist
regardless of price, "BUY QUALITY" .. ... cool

yes in that condition for decorative purposes too much

I figured. My thoughts were $150-$200 max for a sign you know you can't resell like this one. But everyone wants to trade their copper for gold it seems.
Posted By: collector to col Re: Shell Chassis Sign - Tue Aug 08 2017 05:01 PM
If you wanted to be fair to buyer and seller 400 or so is avg sale price ,but you dont see many for sale, id want 4 to 5 even in that condition, give and take ,
Posted By: Done4 Re: Shell Chassis Sign - Tue Aug 08 2017 07:40 PM
Take the 4 / 5 hundred and buy a can. You'll be miles ahead.
Posted By: bigandtall Re: Shell Chassis Sign - Tue Aug 08 2017 09:38 PM
Originally Posted By collector to col
If you wanted to be fair to buyer and seller 400 or so is avg sale price ,but you dont see many for sale, id want 4 to 5 even in that condition, give and take ,

So it's pretty rare. Good to know, thanks!
Posted By: Jolly-John Re: Shell Chassis Sign - Wed Aug 09 2017 03:17 PM
Just a thought: I believe the "Buy Quality" advice you've been getting is very wise. When ("If" some guys might say) the market for porcelain signs begins to soften, the poor quality, former "barn hanger" signs are really going to suffer, as far as price is concerned. Higher quality pieces will hold up much better. John
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk