Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: DWSheffer Bowser 585 - Wed Aug 22 2018 05:22 PM
I guess I really didn't get the answers I was looking for in the general discussion on this pump, so let's try it this way.
This pump has yellow porcelain top and sides. I didn't get an answer if porcelain panels are more scarce and might increase the value/desirablity. It's a very solid original pump. Guy is asking $900 for it....opinions?
Thank you,
Darin

Attached picture B 585.jpg
Posted By: Done4 Re: Bowser 585 - Wed Aug 22 2018 06:25 PM
Porcelain does add value, at least around here. If I was still looking for pumps I would be in at $600 to a max of $700. Hope this helps.
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: Bowser 585 - Thu Aug 23 2018 12:34 AM
Thanks Les, appreciate a response.
Posted By: tbuckles Re: Bowser 585 - Thu Aug 23 2018 02:54 AM
Darin,
For porcelain pumps where the porcelain was not all chipped up I have always got at least 50% more for the pump ( compared to the same model that's painted) by simply adding a repro globe and decal, essentially a beautiful survivor.
With all the paint still on the pump it's hard to judge it's condition. It's been my understanding that a porcelain pump was made for a specific oil company. They don't turn up all that often so if the porcelain is nice that is a very fair price.
Tom.
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: Bowser 585 - Thu Aug 23 2018 12:12 PM
Thank you for the good information Tom. This pump only has porcelain top and sides, the doors are painted and I assume this is how it was made. The porcelain appears to be nice, the only obvious damage was on the access door where it was open once upon a time and the corner got bent and there is some chipping. I appreciate your input.
Darin
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk