Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Alex Gas Station Key Tag??? - Mon Apr 15 2019 03:05 PM
Is this a gas station key tag? If so, could anyone shed some light on brand and possible value? Sorry for the flash spot on the key tag. Thanks in advance.

Attached picture Thrifty Scott key tag A.jpg
Attached picture Thrifty Scott Key Tag B.jpg
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: Gas Station Key Tag??? - Mon Apr 15 2019 10:35 PM
...maybe Scotchman convenience stores? It's got a little age to it - might be their earlier logo...

...there is (was?) a chain of Scotty Muffler shops...

...Wayne Henderson should know...

...what's with the dates on the piece of metal it's clipped to?
Posted By: Alex Re: Gas Station Key Tag??? - Tue Apr 16 2019 01:17 PM
I will need to look at it again to be sure. I think it was like a homemade tag that had a date in WW2...I need to look at it again for the details.
Posted By: Dave Rowlison Re: Gas Station Key Tag??? - Tue Apr 16 2019 03:33 PM

This looks close, but I think I have seen another brand closer.

Dave

Attached picture Corypenn.jpg
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: Gas Station Key Tag??? - Tue Apr 16 2019 03:41 PM
...that's a killer map...I know I've seen the logo on Alex's tag before, I just can't place it for certain...
Posted By: Alex Re: Gas Station Key Tag??? - Tue Apr 16 2019 04:39 PM
Well, I did fins something called "Thrifty Highland Motor Oil", same logo, different color configurations....but, finding nothing about any stations.

Attached picture vintage-thrifty-highland-motor-oil_1_253e0a34fae158f7f2d67a9847fb4f22.jpg
Posted By: Alex Re: Gas Station Key Tag??? - Tue Apr 16 2019 09:46 PM
The tag attached to the key holder is an old ID bracelet. It looks like it was engraved with a do-it-yourself engraver kit..i.e. not professionally done. There is a name on it and three dates...One is February 4th, 1942 and on the other side are two dates: January 10, 1944 and June 6, 1944. the last date, as many of you know is the date of the Normandy Invasion...or D-Day....I have excluded the name for privacy reasons....
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk