Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: kalu92patel Texaco Canopy backlight Sign - Wed Apr 24 2019 11:40 PM
hello, just recently i have acquired 3 canopy signs from a former Texaco station down the street that got re-branded. the station as far as the owners remembered had been a Texaco for at least 20 years. not sure if it was prior to their ownership and when these signs were installed. all 3 are in similar condition. the metal has paint which is fading in areas. the back of the sign is where it the metal seems to be worn. from the photos myself i cant determine if its what the material as i have yet to go pick them up. will upload more images once i have got them in my possession, but was wanting to know if anyone can determine approximate value for such pieces.

there is a faded sticker that shows the name " Collins Signs, Inc" and an Electric sign sticker which i cant quite read the BN#.

Attached picture 20190424_174451.jpg
Attached picture 20190424_174947.jpg
Attached picture 20190424_174906.jpg
Attached picture 20190424_174819.jpg
Posted By: kalu92patel Re: Texaco Canopy backlight Sign - Thu Apr 25 2019 11:33 PM
If anyone can tell me a figure or any other info I should get to post up would be appreciated. Will be picking the items up this Sunday so should have more photos and description
Posted By: Jolly-John Re: Texaco Canopy backlight Sign - Fri Apr 26 2019 01:36 AM
Sorry, can't help you with a resale value. But, when you eventually post each one for sale here on Old Gas, I'd suggest you note the diameter, if the plastic face is cracked, and if the particular sign you're selling works (lights up). John
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk