Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: gasbum Value of pump and globe - Mon Apr 29 2019 11:03 PM
Hello everyone, a friend has asked us for help to find information and value on this pump and globe that she inherited and has kept in storage for several years. However, we mainly collect signs and oil cans so we do not keep up on pump and globe values. I would like to get any info to her on pump. Year, history, if it's rare or common etc. also a value on the pump alone. She would also like info on the Mobile globe and value. My husband looked at the pump and it is 100% complete, the metal is in excellent shape, the glass appears to be original, blue tint, no cracks. We believe the globe is original also, but she had that at her home, so my husband did not get to see it in person. She sent us photos of both sides of the globe, same condition on both sides and the body around the globe is marked CAPCOLITE REG US PAT NO 1933,866 THE CINN ADV PRODUCTS CO. Thank you in advance for all your help. Ann

Attached picture pump 1.jpg
Attached picture pump 3.jpg
Attached picture globe 1.jpg
Attached picture pump 4.jpg
Posted By: 71chevelle Re: Value of pump and globe - Wed May 01 2019 12:23 AM
Nice pump she has there.
I'm not an expert but I believe it's a Milwaukee Model 298 dated 1929. Its valued at $2,300 in the Gas Pump Bible.
As for the globe I'm guessing around $400 if it's real.
Posted By: gasbum Re: Value of pump and globe - Wed May 01 2019 01:22 AM
Thank you for responding. We do have Mr. Sims older Gas Pumps book, but I was not able to locate it. Obviously it is in a safe place. smile I very much appreciate you taking the time to look it up.
Posted By: 71chevelle Re: Value of pump and globe - Wed May 01 2019 02:24 AM
My Pleasure
Posted By: UpnorthNeil Re: Value of pump and globe - Fri May 03 2019 04:08 AM
I agree with 71Chevelle, it is a nice pump. As a WI pump, it may be worth a little more here in WI. For the record, I am not in the market to buy this pump, but I did send you a PM (blinking envelope icon) in upper right corner of this page with additional information.
Posted By: gasbum Re: Value of pump and globe - Sat May 04 2019 03:29 PM
Thank you Neil.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk