Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Skydog Hurst Oil Can - Sun Nov 10 2019 06:02 PM
Hello, I have a steel Quart can of Hurst Hydraulic Fluid for the Hurst Rescue tools, used in emergency services.
I have had the can for 20+ years and it was old stock at our Dept. then.
I would guess it is from the 70s, but that is only a guess. Condition is fair/good, it has some paint wrinkling around the top. Any opinions on value?
Thanks Greg
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Skydog Re: Hurst Oil Can - Wed Nov 13 2019 03:34 PM
Nobody has an opinion? I think this is a rare can, but maybe not a great fit to the Petroliana hobby.
Throw something out there, you won't hurt my feelings!
Greg
Posted By: Speedracer Re: Hurst Oil Can - Wed Nov 13 2019 07:53 PM
The Hurst jaws of life (pictured on the can) came out in 1972, so your can is newer than that. It is metal, only because your supposed store hydraulic fluid in metal (I think composite would deteriorate. It is currently sold in plastic containers or metal barrels).

This is just my opinion..... The can itself is not very graphic which hurts its desirability and your particular can is in rough shape. I’m not a can expert and I wish I could give you good news, but I think the value of your can is minimal.

Here is one that sold in 2013 for $16 (shipping included). Whether or not that was a good deal, I’m not sure. Not too many other sold ones to go by......

Link to picture below:

http://oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=421906

Attached picture CEA6D758-926E-440E-A7A0-D1FDE4E71F20.jpeg
Posted By: Skydog Re: Hurst Oil Can - Thu Nov 14 2019 05:40 AM
Thank you Speedracer, I didn't think it was too valuable in the condition it is in.
But they were going to throw it away at our fire station!

Greg
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk