Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Jolly-John Empty Gill Body Value? - Fri Nov 29 2019 05:09 PM
Hi, Gang. Wondering about the current value of an empty Gill body, with screw base. I swear I saw a similar question addressed on Old Gas not too long ago. I searched and couldn't find it. So, posting here. Thanks for any help on this. John
Posted By: Derbygasman Re: Empty Gill Body Value? - Fri Nov 29 2019 05:48 PM
$500-600
Posted By: hawkike Re: Empty Gill Body Value? - Sat Nov 30 2019 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by Derbygasman
$500-600

Found this interesting,if this is $500-$600 then how much value does "Crown Silver" add?

Attached picture CrownSilverGlobe.JPG
Posted By: Jolly-John Re: Empty Gill Body Value? - Sat Nov 30 2019 06:20 PM
Thank you for your input, Derbygasman. I was surprised at your number, since I was thinking somewhere between $300 and $350 for an empty Gill. BUT, I was asking for guidance, since I wasn't sure. Perhaps my localized thinking isn't aligned with the current market.

Frank, I understand the reason you asked your question. I've seen Gill-bodied Texaco Star and Sky Chief globes sell in the $675 to $750 range at swap meets (NOT Facebook pricing), so we could ask the same question about these Texaco globes. If you use my empty Gill value estimate, and then add the value of the gill Crown lenses or the Texaco lenses, I believe we'll come out pretty close to the complete Gill-bodied globe value found on Scott B's latest gas globe publication (download or flash drive version). Perhaps some of the other guys will weigh in on this. Thanks. John
Posted By: hawkike Re: Empty Gill Body Value? - Sat Nov 30 2019 06:30 PM
Thanks John.
Posted By: Derbygasman Re: Empty Gill Body Value? - Thu Dec 05 2019 03:22 AM
Hawkike I would have to rely on Scott’s cd value on the crown lensed globe. All of the brands I collect(Derby, Sovereign, Kan-o-Tex, and Elreco) use gil bodies and they are not easy to find.
Posted By: hawkike Re: Empty Gill Body Value? - Thu Dec 05 2019 06:22 AM
Thank you.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk