Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Wasatch Man Yard Art - Tue Dec 31 2019 02:26 PM
I have no clue as to the value of this old Ford and have tried other sources to find out with no luck . The owner wants me to come up with a price and I want to be fair to this guy . I really don't know if its worth a lot or a little all I know is I want it in my front yard under my big tree . It looks pretty complete with only surface rust but I didn't look to see if the engine is in it . I hope not . Any guess's are appreciated and I know its hard to say with just a couple of pictures. Happy new year ,Thanks Peter

Attached picture IMG_1849.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1850.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1975.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1976.JPG
Posted By: oldpumpjack Re: Yard Art - Tue Dec 31 2019 03:40 PM
I have restored several Model T's over the years. Just looking at the pictures, the body mat be the only thing usable. Without the engine maybe $400. These are not that valuable even when restored. Like you said ,just yard art.
Posted By: Done4 Re: Yard Art - Tue Dec 31 2019 06:44 PM
That old girl has a great look. I know many guys that would want it for the body to be used on a traditional hot rod build and would gladly pay $400.00 for it. Maybe even more?
Posted By: RMikita Re: Yard Art - Tue Dec 31 2019 07:01 PM
Rare to see one unmolested like that, looks like it hasn't been touched since it was parked. License plate, spare tire carrier, window frame, radiator, headlights, etc. You'll have some expense getting it out of there. Easily worth 400.

RM
Posted By: Wasatch Man Re: Yard Art - Tue Dec 31 2019 07:18 PM
Thanks everyone . That really helps me a lot . And yes getting it out is going to be a project .
Posted By: ironheadtom Re: Yard Art - Tue Dec 31 2019 08:19 PM
I'd give 600 for it ... just my 2 cents. Although if there's a bit of expense to get it home I would definitely have to consider that as well .
Posted By: advertologist Re: Yard Art - Tue Dec 31 2019 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by ironheadtom
I'd give 600 for it ... just my 2 cents. .

good luck - worth getting .. ... cool
Posted By: Wasatch Man Re: Yard Art - Tue Dec 31 2019 09:22 PM
Thanks I really love it and with every ones help with learning the value I will try to purchase it . I see it under my big tree with one of my rusty Visible pumps next to it . Hopefully it will roll out of there . However By the way how much does something like this weigh ? I mean can 4 or 5 burly guys carry it out if I have to or am I going to have to hire a crane if it doesn't roll ?
Posted By: advertologist Re: Yard Art - Tue Dec 31 2019 10:21 PM
I don't think that is going too roll out of there
that terrain looks a little ruff for that
possibly a back-hoe & a flat bed truck
keep us posted with pictures of this task .. ... cool
Posted By: ALSS72 Re: Yard Art - Tue Dec 31 2019 10:52 PM
$600-750 range in my opinion .
Posted By: Jolly-John Re: Yard Art - Wed Jan 01 2020 12:06 AM
Henry's Model T (Tin Lizzy) is a hefty lady. Likely weighs between 1,200 to 1,500 pounds, depending on the model year, and if there's an engine and tranny in it, or not. Sooo....just how "burly" are these four or five guys?!! Best of luck with your possible purchase, Peter. John
Posted By: Wasatch Man Re: Yard Art - Wed Jan 01 2020 01:22 AM
Hi John , I do know some strong young guys but I might need a couple more at that weight , or use a piece of equiptment . Thanks for the info. Peter
Posted By: Speedracer Re: Yard Art - Wed Jan 01 2020 06:19 AM
Peter, that would look great as yard art. Get them lights wired up once you get it home.

-Steve
Posted By: Wasatch Man Re: Yard Art - Wed Jan 01 2020 01:01 PM
That’s a great idea Steve . I will do my best to get it and I think I can , it might take a while we are having a major snow storm and in the middle of winter but I will keep you guys posted . Thanks again for all the great advise from everyone . Peter
Posted By: Done4 Re: Yard Art - Wed Jan 01 2020 05:01 PM
Good luck and I really hope you get it. So many times things like this end up in the scrap yard and that would be a sin. Please keep us posted on your progress.
Posted By: Wasatch Man Re: Yard Art - Sat Jun 19 2021 09:11 PM
Here is an update on this . I still really want it but the guy has just put a $2500 price on it . Based on all the earlier comments that sounds like way to much . So now what do you all think ?
Posted By: RetroPetro Re: Yard Art - Sat Jun 19 2021 10:24 PM
2K too much
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk