Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: SodaJim M & S Clockface Pump - Sun Jan 26 2020 04:45 PM
Hello,
I may get the opportunity to purchase this M & S Model 19 (I believe) and would like to know an approximate price range...
It's not the best repaint with reproduction globe/decals. Jack's book has this around $2100 but uncertain about condition with pricing...
Thank you for your time & input!

Attached picture DSC_9848.jpg
Attached picture DSC_9847.jpg
Attached picture DSC_9849.jpg
Posted By: Speedracer Re: M & S Clockface Pump - Mon Jan 27 2020 04:10 AM
Just an FYI, the prices in Jacks book are approximate prices for straight, solid, UN-restored pumps, with all the parts.

The pump you’re looking at looks like a somewhat decent restoration, as far as the pictures go. Unless in person it’s a lot worse and the plan is to blast it and paint it anyway.
Posted By: gaspumpfrank Re: M & S Clockface Pump - Mon Jan 27 2020 01:29 PM
Looks like a $3000.00 pump to me
Posted By: carconcierge Re: M & S Clockface Pump - Mon Jan 27 2020 07:04 PM
I was looking at a similar pump at last Spring's Carlisle show. It was in rust surface condition, no sign of paint. Missing visi-guage and hose/nozzle. Wrong clockface plate (said Erie). Had globe holder and body but only a single lens. Initial asking price was $3300. I just thought that was a lot of money for the condition and lack of parts. The seller finally said his rock bottom was $3000. Think I took pictures. If I can find them I'll post. The one you are looking at has very nice eye appeal (to me). Looks like it's ready to display and enjoy. Bob
Posted By: Hardy's Garage Re: M & S Clockface Pump - Tue Jan 28 2020 12:49 AM
I think Frank's price is a fair and agree with Steve's comments. I have been to several Carlisle shows since 1977 and would have to say that prices are high at the start, and while they come down as the show gets closer to ending, are still on the high side. Tough to use either Carlisle or Hersey as a price guide, on the other hand you can probably find what your looking for, particularly at the Hershey show. I also agree with Robert's thoughts. (Sounds like the Carlisle pump was a $2,000 pump at the very best) .
Posted By: SodaJim Re: M & S Clockface Pump - Tue Jan 28 2020 01:09 PM
Thanks for all the input!
The pump presents a little better in the photos than being present. It wasn't completely disassembled for paint, has blisters, runs and other imperfections, and actually still has all the internal pump/motor components which makes for an extremely heavy move!
I'm going to attempt negotiating a $2500 price limit as I bought a couple of other pumps from him recently! We'll see how things go over the next few weeks...
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk