Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: sundownn Buffalo Oil and Gas Signage - Tue Aug 25 2020 04:45 PM
Hello, I am new to the forum and was hoping someone could help provide me with some additional historical background on the Prairie City Oil Co. from Winnipeg Manitoba. I have owned a tin sign from it for about 20 years and am preparing to sell it due to a move. I saw a similar sign recently sold and this is comparable. I would appreciate any information you can share. Thank you.

Attached picture Buffalo2.jpg
Posted By: Tankar Re: Buffalo Oil and Gas Signage - Tue Aug 25 2020 06:39 PM
Welcome
Posted By: SandPCollector Re: Buffalo Oil and Gas Signage - Tue Aug 25 2020 07:30 PM
Welcome to Oldgas. Best of luck in your search!
Posted By: advertologist Re: Buffalo Oil and Gas Signage - Tue Aug 25 2020 07:42 PM
welcome aboard .. ... cool
Posted By: bustermonty Re: Buffalo Oil and Gas Signage - Thu Aug 27 2020 10:18 AM
please let us know where it's being sold, very interested
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: Buffalo Oil and Gas Signage - Fri Aug 28 2020 07:53 PM
Welcome to OG.
Prairie City and Cities Oil was active in the 1910s to the late1930s when it was bought out by North Star Oil and Gas.
Here is a more complete version.
https://oldgasoline.proboards.com/thread/390/prairie-history-buffalo-electro-gasoline
Fred
Posted By: muntzman Re: Buffalo Oil and Gas Signage - Sat Aug 29 2020 05:27 AM
Welcome to Old Gas. There are a number of members in the lower mainland sharing the passion. As Fred mentioned above, Prairie Cities sold out to North Star in 1938 which was then bought out by Shell Canada in 1960 or so. Great sign.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk