Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: FordFool69 Refino Gasoline - Tue Aug 31 2021 10:09 PM
Just picked this sign up from PA. Curious what its value might be??? It measures 27 1/4" long x 5 7/8" tall. Had to get it because i live in colorado. Thanks.

Attached picture 20210831_155804.jpg
Attached picture 20210831_160359.jpg
Posted By: coltex Re: Refino Gasoline - Wed Sep 01 2021 03:22 AM
IMO, $250
Posted By: FordFool69 Re: Refino Gasoline - Wed Sep 01 2021 04:47 AM
I am also curious about the era of this sign. And is it just a colorado thing or were there other states too? I really dont know much about this sign or Refino.
Posted By: advertologist Re: Refino Gasoline - Wed Sep 01 2021 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by Hemibird
I'm not an expert on the company but I do know that they were made for the Starkey Gas company, hence the "star" and "key" logo on the sign. The company was a Denver based company that utilized self service gas pumps. They were forced out of business by the bigger companies since they had a means of selling gas cheaper due to the self serve. The signs I've seen include: Fort Collins, Lafayette, Ault, Eaton,and Loveland. Always looking for a few more to add to my collection...
.. ... cool
Posted By: coltex Re: Refino Gasoline - Fri Sep 03 2021 03:30 AM
That is correct Randy; however, I actually think they might have been in Loveland. There was a lot of pump innovation in that particular area. The other company was "Automated Devices" which resulted in the Andy Dandy globe which was the caricuture for (AD), the company. They had one station to test the mechanism which was a pump add on. Love the history and amazed at the innovation. Genius!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk