Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: TheRoyalCrown Fantasy Pegasus desk clock? - Tue Mar 12 2013 12:12 AM
IMO this just screams someone put a decal on a old clock. I'd like to hear what others have to say though.

Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Fantasy Pegasus desk clock? - Tue Mar 12 2013 01:16 AM
I'd say your right.
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: Fantasy Pegasus desk clock? - Tue Mar 12 2013 01:17 AM
Sorry Felix, but the photos are just too grainy to get a good feel for the piece. I will say I've never seen a known original like this and most all of these really are just old clocks with newer decals applied. I must admit though that this one looks more tasteful than most, but if it were a presentation clock to a Mobil exec it would usually have an achievment plaque attached for years of service, etc. If you could get clearer photos it would be helpful.
Darin
Posted By: TheRoyalCrown Re: Fantasy Pegasus desk clock? - Tue Mar 12 2013 02:05 AM
Darin that is just what the owner sent me. I'd have to take a hour or so drive up to see it in person, but I don't think Mobil would have had the Pegasus extend out of the inner white area of the clock and overlap some of the numbers. I'll see if I can get some clearer photos. Thanks for the responses Darin and Mick
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Fantasy Pegasus desk clock? - Tue Mar 12 2013 02:38 AM
I wouldn't walk 3 blks to check it out, let alone drive 1 hr ea way.
Posted By: Pegasus Re: Fantasy Pegasus desk clock? - Tue Mar 12 2013 02:50 AM
I agree.....if it was done by Mobil the Pegasus would have been inside the white circle.

Richard
Posted By: advertologist Re: Fantasy Pegasus desk clock? - Tue Mar 12 2013 02:52 AM
IMO, I'd forget about it.. cool
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: Fantasy Pegasus desk clock? - Tue Mar 12 2013 11:58 AM
I agree with the others that I certainly wouldn't drive an hour to look at it. The chances of any of these types of clocks being legit is pretty darn slim!
Posted By: TheRoyalCrown Re: Fantasy Pegasus desk clock? - Tue Mar 12 2013 03:16 PM
Here are the other pictures the seller sent me

Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Fantasy Pegasus desk clock? - Tue Mar 12 2013 07:37 PM
Almost looks like a cardboard/ paper horse held on by the hands?or the Elmer's didnt stick?i know none of us have seen it all,but I wouldn't give it a second glance.
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: Fantasy Pegasus desk clock? - Tue Mar 12 2013 08:03 PM
I agree Mick, looks like a cut and paste school project now that we have a better look. I definitely wouldn't be a buyer.
Darin
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk