Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Chris61805 Tokheim gas pump model 39 - Thu May 16 2013 12:34 AM
I have a Tokheim gas pump model 39 in fairly good condition considering its age. It was at my grandparents old gas station/convenience store/mechanic shop and I am trying to find the value for my Grandmother. I found these numbers on the side panel....Type LRPPEH and Serial 982911-2-51. I will attempt to post pictures of it. I am new here so please tell me if I have done something wrong or if you need more info. Top globe has been in a box all these years and is in great condition. It all is dusty and dirty but I am kinda afraid to wash too hard on it for fear of messing something up.

Attached picture gas pump copy.jpg
Attached picture front of gas pump copy.jpg
Attached picture side of gas pump copy.jpg
Posted By: keithia Re: Tokheim gas pump model 39 - Thu May 16 2013 01:16 AM
A good condition Tokheim 39 runs around 500. That one looks to be porcelain and if it is and the porcelain is good you could probably add a couple hundred more. The globe is probably a 300 dollar globe if both sides are there and in good shape with no cracks, chips, washing ect.
Posted By: JGD Re: Tokheim gas pump model 39 - Thu May 16 2013 01:42 PM
Neat little pump you have there. I agree with keithia on rough value. Clean that little guy up and you got a cool piece to display as is.
Posted By: Alex Re: Tokheim gas pump model 39 - Thu May 16 2013 10:33 PM
My comment has nothing to do with the $$$ value....If it were mine, I would clean it, get the doors to close, clean the globe and leave it in "as found condition". If I had a pump that belonged to my grandparents it would have way more sentimental value than what the pump and globe are worth. I would take the guts out of it though. Others may disagree....
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Tokheim gas pump model 39 - Fri May 17 2013 12:26 AM
Agree with Alex,but if you are selling it,clean it up good and it will probably be worth more than restored.great original there!
Posted By: katfsh Re: Tokheim gas pump model 39 - Fri May 17 2013 02:23 AM
You are already in trouble! If you care enough about it that you don't want to wash it, for fear of hurting it, you are infected with the oil&gas bug!Sell it,Give it away, or get ready to do 2 things, to meet a lot of great people and to have fun spending a lot of money!
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Tokheim gas pump model 39 - Fri May 17 2013 04:15 AM
Originally Posted By: Alex
If I had a pump that belonged to my grandparents ...

Alex,
Thought your Grandparents were friends w/ Henry Ford Parents! laugh
Posted By: Chris61805 Re: Tokheim gas pump model 39 - Fri May 17 2013 01:12 PM
Thank you so much for all of your input. It has helped a great deal! I'm so glad I found this forum when I was searching the internet for help.
Posted By: Alex Re: Tokheim gas pump model 39 - Sat May 18 2013 06:02 PM
Originally Posted By: Dick Bennett
Originally Posted By: Alex
If I had a pump that belonged to my grandparents ...

Alex,
Thought your Grandparents were friends w/ Henry Ford Parents! laugh

I wish...I drive a Ford, but not that old....
Posted By: blacktee Re: Tokheim gas pump model 39 - Sun May 19 2013 09:55 AM
Originally Posted By: Chris61805
Thank you so much for all of your input. It has helped a great deal! I'm so glad I found this forum when I was searching the internet for help.

I agree with cleaning it up. I don't believe you will hurt the globe at all. Use a very mild soap on the globe and pump. Then I would think long and hard about selling something from your Grand parents. Once it's gone, it's probably gone for ever.

Doug
Posted By: blacktee Re: Tokheim gas pump model 39 - Sun May 19 2013 09:57 AM

I forgot to mention I believe your pump was built in 1951.

Doug
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk