Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: adam.busch Chevron Aviation wind sock value? - Sat Mar 21 2015 04:32 PM
Anyone see these sell at any auctions?

Did Chevron Aviation ever have the V wings flowing towards the "R"? The signs I see all have the wings towards the "E".

Also, is there a specific time period that "Reg U.S. Pat Off" was used (to help date petroliana across the board or does that mark mainly apply to signs?

Attached picture image.jpg
Posted By: carolinaskies Re: Chevron Aviation wind sock value? - Mon Mar 23 2015 10:06 AM
Someone correct me, but wasn't there something a couple years ago about fantasy or repop winsocks?

I'm not saying that's what this is, but the reverse V is just too weird to believe a big company like Chevron would create a variation for a winsock?
Posted By: JimT Re: Chevron Aviation wind sock value? - Mon Mar 23 2015 02:07 PM
Isnt that the way the wind would blow? Maybe the artist thought it wouldnt look right headed into the wind. Just a thought
Posted By: huskybob Re: Chevron Aviation wind sock value? - Mon Mar 23 2015 02:16 PM
I've got a 1940 fuel truck branded Chevron and the tanks have Chevron on both sides with the wings facing the rear of the truck.
I have been told like JimT said it has to do with the wind direction.
Posted By: DCpate Re: Chevron Aviation wind sock value? - Tue Mar 24 2015 02:35 AM
I sold the same one circa 2003 for $250
Posted By: carolinaskies Re: Chevron Aviation wind sock value? - Tue Mar 24 2015 11:38 AM
When you mentioned the delivery truck... look what I found.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk