Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Gas stuff.com Columbus show - Wed Apr 29 2015 12:43 PM
Has anyone heard or gotten the info for the CTO show in June?
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: Columbus show - Wed Apr 29 2015 01:00 PM
...not me - and I preregistered before I left last years' show...
Posted By: Wes Hague Re: Columbus show - Wed Apr 29 2015 02:58 PM
isn't this quite a bit early for Kathleen to have any info out yet... just sayin..
Posted By: Hud Oil Re: Columbus show - Wed Apr 29 2015 05:06 PM
I finally registered online
Posted By: Wes Hague Re: Columbus show - Wed Apr 29 2015 05:51 PM
I did that too a month ago and haven't heard anything yet.. she always waits till June I think ?
Posted By: 60wayne Re: Columbus show - Wed Apr 29 2015 06:04 PM
I registered early last week On line because I have not heard anything or received any mailings. I will call the hotel next week to check to see if Kathleen has made a reservation for me. Every year I have to check because I never receive conformation in a timely manner.

John, Just want to pre register for your June 6 th show. Looking forward to the luxury ground floor accommodations.
Posted By: tomzcollectiblez Re: Columbus show - Wed Apr 29 2015 10:48 PM
I also paid mt registration last year for same spots smile
Im sure we will be getting confirmation soon...
Posted By: Wes Hague Re: Columbus show - Thu Apr 30 2015 12:50 PM
Kathleen just acknowledged my changes and my reservation for a room , I don't do a vendor space...
Posted By: Gas stuff.com Re: Columbus show - Thu Apr 30 2015 02:31 PM
How did you get ahold of her?
Posted By: Wes Hague Re: Columbus show - Thu Apr 30 2015 03:16 PM
John I went to their website ( see below ) and registered for a room .
http://www.ctohotline.com/

I changed my plans and added another day through their email address and she replied this morning from the email
( see below )_

info@ctohotline.com

I'm going to be there on the 24th ( Wed.) till Sat. morning
Posted By: scottpcm Re: Columbus show - Fri May 08 2015 03:04 PM
It would be nice for such a great show they they announce AHEAD of time the show dates, handle people's questions, answer emails, send PCM the show dates AHEAD of time and answer their phone calls. Collector's need to make plans, vacation days, work schedules, etc. It's really too bad I've had so many calls and I don't run the show. What a shame...Scott B.
Posted By: 60wayne Re: Columbus show - Thu May 21 2015 03:02 PM
Every show I go to I have been giving out flyers and talking this show up. I finely registered on line on April 22nd because I have not received any paper work in the mail. I waited a few weeks then called the hotel to see if I had a room. No reservation. I have called Kathleen three times with a message and my number. No response. I have to start questioning if there is a show or not ?

I wonder why the magazine is so late. I look in the last issue I had and find it has been cut to four times a year instead of six. No cut in price ?
Just the same beefs, clearly from this thread that others are having as well.
Posted By: intagas Re: Columbus show - Thu May 21 2015 03:20 PM
That's why i don't subscribe any more.Always been that way.
Posted By: Chevrolet SS Re: Columbus show - Thu May 21 2015 03:42 PM
I called yesterday and made reservations. Had previously called and left a message without any call back so I understand others frustration. All I can say is keep trying. My first time attending and can't wait to go.

http://www.ctohotline.com/product.sc?productId=16
Posted By: intagas Re: Columbus show - Thu May 21 2015 03:48 PM
Plus, pcm has always done a much better job of covering the show.Could never figure that one out.
Posted By: Wes Hague Re: Columbus show - Thu May 21 2015 05:58 PM
just register online, no need to call her anyway.
Posted By: s932 Re: Columbus show - Thu May 21 2015 07:39 PM
Ok I just talked to Kathleen so here is what she told me. If you have called the hotel and asked to check your reservations your right it won't come up that you have a room. All the rooms are blocked off in her name. She said we should be getting emails hopefully this week from her and then embassy has changed things a little so you won't get an email from them until the week of the show. Also another change is embassy check in time is now 4pm and check out is noon. I hope this helps a little. I love this show look forward to it every year.
Posted By: BryceG Re: Columbus show - Fri May 22 2015 03:29 AM
i got my confirmation from jerry/kathleen tonight via email. i never had to call them.
Posted By: theChandlers Re: Columbus show - Fri May 22 2015 08:56 AM
I also got a confirmation email last night - but the email went to junk mail......Wouldn't have looked if you hadn't posted Bryce, thanks.

Found this on the hotel website:

Please Note – Road construction at intersection of US 33/SR 161 and I-270 may cause detours. Call the hotel for directions, if needed.
Posted By: Wes Hague Re: Columbus show - Fri May 22 2015 11:07 AM
I registered for a room and sent a $50 deposit for registering... that apparently gets you to have a room for $119.00. It looks to me like you don't have to either renew or have a subscription to "Check the Oil " magazine ..like before. ? I think I see that right ?
Posted By: BryceG Re: Columbus show - Fri May 22 2015 02:03 PM
It also went to my spam or 'Promotions' folder on gmail.

Wes, you see it right. Subscription to CTO is not necessary. The $50 is just a registration fee that allows you the amenities of the hotel, I believe.
Posted By: Wes Hague Re: Columbus show - Fri May 22 2015 03:27 PM
well that price went up from $35.00 but no magazine went down $35.00 so our net is $20 a gain for us. maybe they are thinking of dropping the magazine altogether ??? I checked online at Embassy Suites Dublin and their room rate regularly is about the $169 anyway. So she is picking up the $50 for filling the hotel.. good for her and good for us? ( $50 x 200 ) is a nice piece of change for organizing the show, do ya think ?
Posted By: CTOSHOW Re: Columbus show - Sat Jun 06 2015 10:41 PM
If you have not received an email about the CTO! Show and are registered, please check your SPAM or junk mail folder. We have changed email providers and I like this SO much better…there are fewer emails going into SPAM folders! Email me at info@CTOhotline.com if you need info.
Posted By: BryceG Re: Columbus show - Wed Jun 17 2015 02:46 PM
only a week or so away... get ready to sweat!

Attached picture CTOweather.jpg
Posted By: Keystone Gas Man Re: Columbus show - Wed Jun 17 2015 02:51 PM
I would rather sweat than be rained on ..AGAIN... LOL
Posted By: Wes Maxwell Re: Columbus show - Wed Jun 17 2015 02:57 PM
Should be a good show but the weather can be a player. We will have stuff set up inside and out. If nothing else, I will keep hauling stuff inside!
Posted By: shaunhiggins Re: Columbus show - Wed Jun 17 2015 10:48 PM
Looking forward to the show...Got a lot of great displays, posters and signs going out...see you all soon!!
Posted By: BryceG Re: Columbus show - Fri Jun 19 2015 02:38 PM
forecast is moving in the right direction...

Posted By: Steven C. Re: Columbus show - Fri Jun 19 2015 02:44 PM
I sure hope someone gets the chance to take pictures for the rest of us.
Posted By: blacktee Re: Columbus show - Fri Jun 19 2015 03:39 PM

I'm thinking about going and doing a small set up ? Even just as a buyer. Is there somewhere close by to park my 36' motor home. We would be camping near by and bringing it with us, no car.

Thanks
Posted By: BryceG Re: Columbus show - Fri Jun 19 2015 03:44 PM
there is a grass overflow parking area next to the hotel. only downside is if it rains at all, that grass area becomes quite the mud pit
Posted By: 60wayne Re: Columbus show - Fri Jun 19 2015 06:24 PM
I will have my camera with me. There are several people that will post pictures of this show.
Posted By: blacktee Re: Columbus show - Fri Jun 19 2015 08:54 PM

I heard a rumor today that Wes (Canada) was going to buy dinner for both Mark & I...
Posted By: Keystone Gas Man Re: Columbus show - Fri Jun 19 2015 09:40 PM
Hey Doug, There's what looks like a out of business restaurant right next door to the hotel...I saw last year few parked trailers etc, there. You might be able to park RV there.Not sure if its still empty or not
Posted By: Wes Hague Re: Columbus show - Fri Jun 19 2015 10:36 PM
Well I tell you what Doug AND Mark , having not officially met either of you, I would be happy to buy you both a drink or TWO if you would like to get together and bury the "hatchet".... this kids stuff has gone on long enough for me... I know quite a few of the guys that will be there so we should be able to meet easily.. or my cell number is 519-535-5743 , call me,,, I will be there late Wednesday till early Sat.am. Looking forward to it. smile
Posted By: Wes Hague Re: Columbus show - Sat Jun 20 2015 10:12 AM
Just wondering if you guys got my reply.. it doesn't seem to show the reply I made from me. Instead, it shows it from Keystone Gas Man.. not sure what the problem is.???
This is me just so you know who your looking for..

Attached picture IMG_2989.JPG
Posted By: shaunhiggins Re: Columbus show - Sat Jun 20 2015 11:12 AM
I am going to be set up in the meeting rooms on the 2nd floor instead of the two adjoining hotel rooms I had last year. I will be unveiling an incredible possibly "one of a kind" Circa 1920's Michelin tire sign with over 25 touring cars pictured and 6 Bibendum men! You gotta see this piece AND you can at 6pm Thursday in the 2nd floor meeting room...Oh yeah lots of cold beer on hand as well...Come by and say Hi...Safe travels everyone...
Posted By: blacktee Re: Columbus show - Sat Jun 20 2015 12:30 PM

Well there's your date Mark. Thanks for posting a photo of yourself Wes.
Unfortunately my wife reminded me that we have to be at a retirement party for a very special friend, Friday afternoon. I was looking forward to going to a show, it's been years. The last one was Ohio where that Texaco Chimney Cap globe went for $28,600.00 including the fees.

Maybe Peotone or Iowa. Have fun everybody and good luck.
Posted By: Wes Hague Re: Columbus show - Sat Jun 20 2015 08:28 PM
I tried to reach out to " gulfiend Mark " but to no avail, thanks Doug..
Posted By: 60wayne Re: Columbus show - Tue Jun 23 2015 01:22 AM
Loaded for the show. Neptune 855. Nice straight body and I have a meter to go with it. My buddy will have a G&B 86 with Esso glass. A few other things I will bring.

Attached picture IMG_0832.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0094.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1551.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1553.JPG
Posted By: 60wayne Re: Columbus show - Tue Jun 23 2015 01:35 AM
If any one has a face for a Bowser 22-c or 585-c,bring it to the show. I would be interested. Looks like the one I pictured.

A few other things I have loaded. I will have lots of G&O as well.

Attached picture IMG_0954.JPG
Attached picture 019 (2).JPG
Attached picture 005 (6).JPG
Attached picture IMG_1484.JPG
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Columbus show - Tue Jun 23 2015 02:12 AM
Great campbells display.
Posted By: 60wayne Re: Columbus show - Tue Jun 23 2015 05:19 PM
Will have this group and a nos Exxon dealer clock, at the room in the evening.

Attached picture IMG_2095.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0558.JPG
Posted By: essco Re: Columbus show - Tue Jun 23 2015 08:16 PM
We have 250+ signs up for pre columbus sale at 320 nOrth wayne st. Kenton ohio about 1 and a half hour north west of Columbus from 1 to 6pm weds. mostly porcelain and tin . Sale held at old corinthian nursing home /San Antonio hospital 2nd floor no early sales please
Posted By: BryceG Re: Columbus show - Tue Jun 23 2015 09:18 PM
setup day looks like it may be interesting... but it sure does look like Friday will be an amazing show day!

© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk