Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Mike M. Iowa Gas 2017 Schedule thoughts, Auction Poll - Fri Feb 24 2017 05:06 PM
Just got My Iowa Gas Paperwork last night and it pretty much remained the same as last year even though they haven't set the time for Wednesdays auction.

Tuesday: Noon Setup Only
Wednesday: 800am vending Inside and Outside, Auction TBA
Thursday: 800am vending Inside and Outside
Friday: 800am vending Inside and Outside

I hated the Auction going off at Noon last year because there was supposed to be no Vending going on but found out how much we missed by being inside so hopefully the auction is at night.

So what are everyone else's thoughts?
Posted By: Lastgas15 Re: Iowa Gas 2017 Schedule thoughts, Auction Poll - Fri Feb 24 2017 08:29 PM
Might as well have the auction Monday.
Posted By: Signs&Neons Re: Iowa Gas 2017 Schedule thoughts, Auction Poll - Fri Feb 24 2017 10:15 PM
Having the first day of vending and the auction on the same day is just bad planning! Now if "setup only" means what it did last year, then Tuesday will be the first day of the show and the auction Wednesday won't be an issue. Of course, there won't be any need to be there Thursday or Friday unless you have extra vacation time and want to hang out with friends. Sure wish they would get this back towards the weekend with a schedule more like Columbus.....
Posted By: T-way Re: Iowa Gas 2017 Schedule thoughts, Auction Poll - Fri Feb 24 2017 10:17 PM
Auction Friday at NOON!
Posted By: Jarvis Re: Iowa Gas 2017 Schedule thoughts, Auction Poll - Sat Feb 25 2017 12:01 AM
And that my friends is why I don't go anymore.
I will stick with CTO as if they say it starts on thurs at blank time then that is when it starts.
Posted By: tbuckles Re: Iowa Gas 2017 Schedule thoughts, Auction Poll - Sun Feb 26 2017 03:03 PM
I voted for Friday. Auction companies don't generally sell their best lots first thing so they don't loose the crowd.

Face it, it doesn't take that long to get around and see everything. Set up Tuesday, auction Wednesday, the show is over Wednesday night or Thursday by noon at the latest.

Now this is my perspective as a vendor for the long haul at the show, not what is best from the auction perspective.

Tom.
Posted By: BryceG Re: Iowa Gas 2017 Schedule thoughts, Auction Poll - Mon Feb 27 2017 01:30 AM
sounds like its once again scheduled for a ghost town on thursday and friday. might as well show up Tuesday morning and leave Wednesday evening.
Not sure what I am going to do this year.
Posted By: Jolly-John Re: Iowa Gas 2017 Schedule thoughts, Auction Poll - Mon Feb 27 2017 06:23 PM
Last year, we did O.K. at our vending space inside the exhibition hall on Thursday (after having been literally locked out of the hall during the auction on Wednesday afternoon). Our Friday vending was at best "slow" until 10:00 a.m.....and then "dead" thereafter. I think we hung things up shortly after noon.

This year, I thinking about a noon or 1:00 p.m. knockdown of our space on Thursday. Then we could get on the road later Thursday, and avoid another night's hotel cost.
Posted By: Mike M. Re: Iowa Gas 2017 Schedule thoughts, Auction Poll - Mon Feb 27 2017 06:37 PM
Originally Posted By BryceG
sounds like its once again scheduled for a ghost town on thursday and friday. might as well show up Tuesday morning and leave Wednesday evening.

Sad part is like last year some of us stay open outside till at least noon on Friday and because it's advertised as a Wednesday-Friday show we have lots of people bitching that no one's around selling when they come by. I still sold a number of items and I stopped out front and talked to Tommy Buckles and he had done ok also.
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Iowa Gas 2017 Schedule thoughts, Auction Poll - Tue Feb 28 2017 02:09 PM
Everyone seems worried about the schedule, but did anyone notice the fee increase? I usually get 5 spaces that cost me $250. Same area this year costs $375!
Posted By: Tankar Re: Iowa Gas 2017 Schedule thoughts, Auction Poll - Tue Feb 28 2017 02:53 PM
No big deal for me but room to room went up 10.00 dollars. But wow the outside sure went up. I am sure the Hotel is raising the prices.
Posted By: Jolly-John Re: Iowa Gas 2017 Schedule thoughts, Auction Poll - Tue Feb 28 2017 03:32 PM
Kevin (and others)...the increased Iowa Gas selling prices must be for the outdoor spaces and the room-to-room swap. My cost for vending space in the Exhibition Hall did not increase for 2017.

I did notice the increase in price for the hotel room. However, I see they are now including a hot breakfast in the deal. Hopefully, that doesn't mean just oatmeal (although I like oatmeal!). John
Posted By: minuteman Re: Iowa Gas 2017 Schedule thoughts, Auction Poll - Tue Feb 28 2017 08:28 PM
I guess you need a smaller trailer Kevin....LOL

Originally Posted By K W FRITH
Everyone seems worried about the schedule, but did anyone notice the fee increase? I usually get 5 spaces that cost me $250. Same area this year costs $375!
Posted By: Ohio Oil Re: Iowa Gas 2017 Schedule thoughts, Auction Poll - Tue Feb 28 2017 11:03 PM
As unreceptive as they were to the same complaints last year ... I'm wondering if the crowd here on Oldgas is even their target audience anymore?
Posted By: BryceG Re: Iowa Gas 2017 Schedule thoughts, Auction Poll - Tue Feb 28 2017 11:19 PM
I can only hope that the increase in outside space is their attempt at trying to deter people from buying spots just to park in
Posted By: Lastgas15 Re: Iowa Gas 2017 Schedule thoughts, Auction Poll - Wed Mar 01 2017 01:07 AM
Originally Posted By Ohio Oil
As unreceptive as they were to the same complaints last year ... I'm wondering if the crowd here on Oldgas is even their target audience anymore?

Their target audience is clearly not those of us that still work. That's ok, that leaves more money to spend at Peotone and Columbus.
Posted By: Tankar Re: Iowa Gas 2017 Schedule thoughts, Auction Poll - Wed Mar 01 2017 01:54 PM
From 17 years of going it seems like vendor's trading tuesday Wendsday and thursday the Public shops.
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Iowa Gas 2017 Schedule thoughts, Auction Poll - Wed Mar 01 2017 03:55 PM
More like Wednesday and Thursday the public Stops.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk