Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Speedracer Michigan Gas - Tue Apr 04 2017 04:03 AM
Does anyone know if Jerry Keller is having Michigan Gas this year?
Posted By: Goober's Station Re: Michigan Gas - Tue Apr 04 2017 12:43 PM
I just spoke with Jerry this morning, the date is set for Sunday May 14th. See you there!

Goober smile
Posted By: Steven C. Re: Michigan Gas - Tue Apr 04 2017 01:13 PM
Oldgas needs to update the events page.
Posted By: Speedracer Re: Michigan Gas - Tue Apr 04 2017 08:16 PM
Great. I was busy the following weekend. See you all there. I'll send Jim a message.
Posted By: BrianH Re: Michigan Gas - Wed Apr 05 2017 12:32 PM
I'm going to try to make it too. Will be my first petro show. I'll see if I can drag Noah along with me.

BrianH
Posted By: Steven C. Re: Michigan Gas - Wed Apr 05 2017 12:58 PM
Would be nice to see Noah!!
Posted By: BryceG Re: Michigan Gas - Wed Apr 05 2017 01:47 PM
posting some info would help guys... Location, Date, Times, Contact Info, Vendor Info, etc. I dont know who Jerry is, but he seems to be lacking some promotional skills wink
Posted By: Steven C. Re: Michigan Gas - Wed Apr 05 2017 02:44 PM
9790 Memorial Highway, Ottawa Lake, Michigan, 49267
Call Jerry Keller for info: (419) 343-9385
Posted By: Speedracer Re: Michigan Gas - Thu Apr 06 2017 07:26 AM
Hey Bryce and others interested in the show,

It's the same show Jerry has had for years (it used to be the show put on by Big Cheese). He has it on his own property. It's a good little show. It is posted every year in the Swap Meet list on this website (however it wasn't updated this year):

http://www.oldgas.com/pp_swaps.htm

Jerry is an older gentleman, extremely nice guy with a cool old mock gas station on his property. I don't think he's on a computer very often. I also spoke with him the other day, and he mentioned he advertised it in a few magazines. The above date and address is correct (Sunday 05/14/17). As far as a start time, I'm not sure. I would say 7 or 8 (I drive down the day of). But as usual, I've heard that guys are there at sun up.

Here's some pictures from last years show:

http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=653573

Posted By: JEFFSAUTOMOBILIA Re: Michigan Gas - Thu Apr 06 2017 10:59 AM
Sunday May 14th is Mother's Day. I hope that don't hurt the attendance.
Posted By: Steven C. Re: Michigan Gas - Thu Apr 06 2017 11:17 AM
Originally Posted By JEFFSAUTOMOBILIA
Sunday May 14th is Mother's Day. I hope that don't hurt the attendance.

Oh now that's not smart. Does Jerry know this??
Posted By: BrianH Re: Michigan Gas - Thu Apr 06 2017 03:19 PM
Well that may kill it for me. Skipping out on Mother's Day AND buying a bunch of gas & oil stuff? I may have to put heat in the pole barn to make it more livable.

Can someone ask Jerry if he'd be able to do Saturday instead?

BrianH
Posted By: essco Re: Michigan Gas - Thu Apr 06 2017 03:40 PM
Bring mom ,wife, sister ,mother In law ,daughters,shows mostly over around noon,toledo is down the road,go out for lunch,hit some antique malls,hold hands,have fun,but don't miss the show,
Posted By: Speedracer Re: Michigan Gas - Thu Apr 06 2017 11:39 PM
I think it's been on Mother's Day in the past. Y'all stay home. I'll go to the show, get the good deals and still make it home in time to take mom out to dinner.
Posted By: JimT Re: Michigan Gas - Fri Apr 07 2017 12:13 AM
My nephew has T-ball the Saturday before. My vote is to tell Jerry to keep it on Mothers Day. Just kidding about the nephew -my point is supposed to be there is always some body that its not convenient for ... Its at Jerry's place and maybe that's the perfect weekend for it him. I've always liked the fact that's its Sunday morning...
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: Michigan Gas - Fri Apr 07 2017 12:54 AM
I'll be there as I have every year...I'm single so no one to answer to there, and I'll have plenty of time to visit Ma in the afternoon! Perfect!
Darin
Posted By: Goober's Station Re: Michigan Gas - Fri Apr 14 2017 12:26 PM
Last year it snowed but that didn't seem to hurt it one bit. I went there with a full trailer and left with 5 cans, lol!

Goober
Posted By: Oilcanman87 Re: Michigan Gas - Sun Apr 16 2017 12:29 AM
Been going since it was at jerrys place. Every year it's getting a bit larger. Definitely worth it if your close. I drive from east Lansing get there at 7-730 leave by 11 or so stop at cabelas then home by 230 at the latest.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk