Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Bones 16th Hoosier Petro - Thu May 01 2008 12:44 PM
I would like to invite eueryone to the Hoosier Petro Gas Meet. It looks like it will be a good time.There is a auto parts swap meet in conjunction with the gas meet.
Friday night every one is welcome to come to my hose to swap stories and tales.It will be from 7 till 10 PM. Soft Drinks, cookies, sandwiches.etc. Hope to see every one here Thanks Rick

PS Ron there will be sausage burgers saturday morning
Posted By: Jarvis Re: 16th Hoosier Petro - Thu May 01 2008 02:24 PM
Rick,
I will see Friday night at your place. I always enjoy coming over and looking at a great collection you have put together over 30 years. I nkow Scott Shipers is coming with me again... after we eat a bite.
Posted By: bettin Re: 16th Hoosier Petro - Thu May 01 2008 07:47 PM
Whether a new or old hobbyist, if you want an education, you don't want to miss an opportunity to visit Rick's house.

An long time collector with some of finest, rarest, most unique stuff you will find anywhere. Globes, signs and pumps - you'll see stuff you see no where else.......

......and the $1 sausage burgers are the absolute BEST deal in the country - anywhere, anytime......

------------------
Ron Bettin
740-774-OHIO(6446)
bettin@bright.net
Posted By: Scott Shipers Re: 16th Hoosier Petro - Sun May 04 2008 10:48 AM
Always a great time at Rick's house.

Ron is right, the sausage burgers are the best bargain going.

Stop by my booth and say hello........

------------------
Scott Shipers
Posted By: gasoildude Re: 16th Hoosier Petro - Wed May 07 2008 01:35 AM
I will be there. My first time going, Cant wait
Posted By: fins n vtwins Re: 16th Hoosier Petro - Sun May 11 2008 05:28 PM
Bones,
THANKS so much for having this event. Lord knows, it can't be very profitable for you guys. Even with travel expenses going thru the roof, there's still a bunch of guys hard-core enough to come out. Says a lot for this hobby Plus, I was lucky enough to sell some of my overpriced stuff!! Excellent! And scored a few pieces to take home!!! woo-hoo!
Most of all, it was good to see all my petro pals (no names cause I will undoubtedly forget somebody)
So...BIG thanks again to Rick and everybody else involved. See ya next year
Posted By: bustermonty Re: 16th Hoosier Petro - Sun May 11 2008 06:22 PM
WOW! Great host. Ron was right when he said the collections of Rick and Bob were not to be missed. These guys opened their homes on Fri. night and let us in to gawk and drool and that was just for the food! Truly great collections that words can't describe. This was my first time through but it won't be my last. I'll post in BOTW what I picked up on Sat besides heartburn from too many sausage burgers! Excellent time.
Posted By: philmccauley Re: 16th Hoosier Petro - Sun May 11 2008 06:54 PM
I can not add much to what Mike and Greg said other than a big Thank You Rick and Bob for the hospitality, dedication, and time in putting on the tour and show. It definitely will not be my last tour of their collections. Thanks Again.

Phil
Posted By: Scott Shipers Re: 16th Hoosier Petro - Sun May 11 2008 07:14 PM
DITTO on the above posts. Truly worth the trip for me to see the collections and visit with my petro friends.

Rick and Bob are truly great guys in this hobby.

Thanks for everything............

------------------
Scott Shipers
Posted By: gasoildude Re: 16th Hoosier Petro - Sun May 11 2008 10:57 PM
Well John finally talked me into going to the show after 3 years. I really wish I would of went earlyer because it was great. Rick & Bob have some super collections. Met alot of great people to & put some faces with the names. I will go next year for sure
Posted By: puregas Re: 16th Hoosier Petro - Mon May 12 2008 12:30 AM
I have been going to the Petro Hoosier show for over ten years now. I tell people who have never been that they should go just to see Rick and Bob's collections. Every year they have so many new items that are rare and very desireable. Swap meet attendance(both vendors and public) seemed to be down this year. I believe this is a confirmation of the economy. Didn't see many rare pieces turn up this year but still some good items there as usual. I will always look forward to the next Petro Hoosier swap meet. Thanks Rick and Bob!!
Posted By: Jarvis Re: 16th Hoosier Petro - Mon May 12 2008 01:51 AM
I enjoy this show more and more every year! Few of us went out to eat Friday night for some good german food and a great eat'n place then off to Rick and Bob's. What great collections and great guys!
I agree show was down a little but with the price of fuel and the economy has a lot to do with it.
I didn't set up this year and didn't buy much because i am still digging myself out of a hole. LOL
Posted By: Larry Nace Re: 16th Hoosier Petro - Mon May 12 2008 02:24 AM
I really want to thank Rick and Bob for hosting another great show. This one was special for me. It was our first time to set up and sell and my granddaughter's first time to ever to attend a gas and oil swap meet. My wife said she was a great helper. It was all she talked about on the way home and wants to know when we are coming back. Looking forward to next years show. See yall then. Larry
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk