Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Rcarp GAS GLOBES FOR SALE - Sun Jul 21 2019 02:53 PM
A lot of gas globes for sale on this New Gas Globe Facebook site. Follow the link below and request to join. Globes are being added weekly! The globe pictured is sold already, but its still nice to look at. Thanks for looking!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/434246497392716/

Attached picture Blue ripple.jpg
Posted By: Old Racer Re: GAS GLOBES FOR SALE - Sun Jul 21 2019 03:41 PM
Is this Scott Benjamins page?
Posted By: Rcarp Re: GAS GLOBES FOR SALE - Sun Jul 21 2019 03:47 PM
Nope. This is a newer page with almost 500 members and the site is only 5 months old with multiple sales platform options. You can show off your globe or globe collection, sell globes with or without a price, sell in a
'Make Offer" format or other options as well. Thanks for asking. I hope you join.
Posted By: Speedracer Re: GAS GLOBES FOR SALE - Sun Jul 21 2019 04:36 PM
I would hope that people will still post their globes for sale here on OldGas. This is a great website with great people, who are very knowledgeable (Facebook, not-as-much).

In all fairness (instead of luring people away), have you posted about this site on the Facebook Globe page/forum telling them to post globes for sale here on OldGas as well??

I’m not against the FB page, but you gotta be fair to OG. smile
Posted By: Rcarp Re: GAS GLOBES FOR SALE - Sun Jul 21 2019 04:54 PM
Hey, Speedracer. First let me agree with you that this is a great website and I believe it has great purpose. Unfortunately I do not like this website for gas globes. (Just my opinion) However, I think it is an excellent place for signs, cans and smalls. I post globes here occasionally still. I don’t have any success on selling globes on here for some reason. I’ve bought and sold hundreds of globes in the last few months on Facebook pages though. Again, just my opinion. I think most places have their niche. I definitely do not have anything against Old Gas. I think it’s awesome!
Posted By: Speedracer Re: GAS GLOBES FOR SALE - Sun Jul 21 2019 05:00 PM
That’s cool. I’m not opposed to FB pages (I do find them difficult to navigate), I just hope everybody reading this still posts their goodies for sale on here also. 😀
Posted By: trifiver Re: GAS GLOBES FOR SALE - Sun Jul 21 2019 05:09 PM
Sad Stuff ,

Some People wont used FACEBOOK ,

One being me so I'm out !

Sid
Posted By: Rcarp Re: GAS GLOBES FOR SALE - Sun Jul 21 2019 05:14 PM
Trifiver that’s a bummer! You miss out on tons of stuff. I understand though!
Posted By: RandyM Re: GAS GLOBES FOR SALE - Mon Jul 22 2019 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by trifiver
Sad Stuff ,

Some People wont used FACEBOOK ,

One being me so I'm out !

Sid

Sid,

There are more of us here just like you.
Posted By: 57-Chevy Re: GAS GLOBES FOR SALE - Mon Jul 22 2019 01:15 PM
Yep, I’ve never jumped on the Facebook wagon either, however all my friends and fellow collectors say that’s where it’s all at....
Posted By: Jarvis Re: GAS GLOBES FOR SALE - Mon Jul 22 2019 01:44 PM
The issue is Oldgas was designed for collectors to share knowledge and sell and trade.
Then along came “pickers” tv show and now everyone is a picker and Oldgas wasn’t really for them. Most went to Facebook and there is a lot of drama that comes with belong on Facebook.
Some of the issues I see are many can’t put a price on items because they are afraid they might leave $10 on the table.
Some Gus price items crazy high hoping to find someone will to pay way over retail.
Again... pro and cons for both...
Posted By: Rcarp Re: GAS GLOBES FOR SALE - Mon Jul 22 2019 02:00 PM
I don’t have an issue with pickers like some people do. I buy, sell, trade etc... and some people call me a “picker” but by definition that would be far from the truth. I have my own collection and always have had a collection in some fashion since day one. I think a lot of people forget that without pickers A LOT of people wouldn’t have a collection near what they have now. Also I don’t see a difference in the guys that buy globes from auctions that are “under priced” and resell them to their clients at a higher price or a “picker.” Same people in my book. People should be nicer to pickers and resellers because those people are loyal to people that are loyal to them. They understand that there is a need for them in the hobby because most collectors are not going to get out and find this stuff so the collections would be minuscule comparatively speaking. Just a thought. Also I believe some people are afraid to leave $10 on the table by not pricing stuff but there are other reasons to not publicly price items rather people believe that or not. It’s no different then going to a gas show and there’s a table full of globes with no price stickers on them, technically those are not priced publicly either but only when asked about. I see no difference. Good discussion though!
Posted By: Jarvis Re: GAS GLOBES FOR SALE - Mon Jul 22 2019 02:20 PM
Rusty, Guys that are collectors that buy and sell to help there collection is different than guys that strictly in this for money.
Buying globes in an auction and reselling... they buy them well under retail and sell them at retail.... they are collectors that are dealers.
I am not knocking pickers... it’s just the hobby has changed in a huge way because of them and again some for the good and some for the bad.
Posted By: Rcarp Re: GAS GLOBES FOR SALE - Mon Jul 22 2019 02:35 PM
I understand some of that, but the cause of which you are selling shouldn’t be justified by other people in my opinion. That’s like saying it’s ok to resell to build a collection but it’s not ok to resell to feed your family. Which is the greater cause? I agree that the hobby has changed but I think mostly for the good. The hobby is thriving at the moment! I just live in the moment and do what makes me happy. Rather that be buy something, sell something or just hang out with friends at a show. If it’s not fun and that terrible for some people then maybe the time has come to do something that’s fun instead for those people. We only live once! Have a great day everybody and buy yourself something nice today!
Posted By: minuteman Re: GAS GLOBES FOR SALE - Mon Jul 22 2019 02:54 PM
so I guess there is no globes for sale, just a discussion that should be in discussion..
Posted By: Jarvis Re: GAS GLOBES FOR SALE - Mon Jul 22 2019 02:59 PM
Sorry... this has gotten off track. I guess there wasn’t really anything for sale unless you went to Facebook?
Posted By: Rcarp Re: GAS GLOBES FOR SALE - Mon Jul 22 2019 03:12 PM
Follow the link. Plenty of globes for sale. I just made a post about globes for sale. I didn’t really need to get into a discussion. 😁. Thanks everyone.
Posted By: Stephenwarren30 Re: GAS GLOBES FOR SALE - Mon Jul 22 2019 04:06 PM
I am very reluctant to say anything here. And I realize this is the “for sale site” and not the one for general discussion. It is against my nature to jump in to any “dust up”. And I respect everyone and and their comments on this matter. However, I sell things on Craig’s List all the time. But would it be right for me to ask folks on this site to go to my listing on Craig’s List and contact me there to make a purchase? It would be like artificially befriending the “homely girl” who is friends with the girl I really want to get a date with. Maybe that is a dumb way of putting it!! Anyway...I hope this doesn’t upset the cart, but I really feel that way...and as Billy Joel once said,”I may be wrong but I might be right”.
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: GAS GLOBES FOR SALE - Mon Jul 22 2019 04:09 PM
The new ways leave a lot of us behind. Use to be you could sell something in the paper here in a day or less, Now it is too expensive and almost none existent. The internet ways with phone, Facebook, Craig's list, Instagram, and others are tough for older people to figure out and use. Not to mention people who are less than upfront or following through. Tough choices and the ones doing a lot of the stuff now are making money and finding things on these new ways.
Posted By: Mike M. Re: GAS GLOBES FOR SALE - Mon Jul 22 2019 07:33 PM
OMG ....There's 20 minutes I'll never get back in my life!

I wondered why this was in the "Petroliana News" section and now I'm still wondering why?
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: GAS GLOBES FOR SALE - Mon Jul 22 2019 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by Mike M.
OMG ....There's 20 minutes I'll never get back in my life!

I wondered why this was in the "Petroliana News" section and now I'm still wondering why?

laugh
Posted By: intagas Re: GAS GLOBES FOR SALE - Tue Jul 23 2019 01:18 PM
Either keep up or get outta the way.Facebook.Times change.
Posted By: Mike M. Re: GAS GLOBES FOR SALE - Wed Jul 24 2019 11:45 PM
Originally Posted by intagas
Either keep up or get outta the way.Facebook.Times change.

Ok now I'm confused again, Instagas what do you mean?

See I try to keep up and I'm on Facebook (more drama there than here!) but it still doesn't tell me why in Petroliana News there is a thread for me to go to Facebook to buy Globes?

See I may be old school but I don't see how someone's Facebook page falls under "Swap meet and live auction info, new or improved Web sites."
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk