Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Seth Robbins Anybody Stay At Des Moines For The Auction?? - Sat Aug 07 2010 02:40 AM
How were the prices?? I've seen the Seider collection (actually contributed to it a little) and wondered how it went. After that John Ball auction two weeks ago (which was a runaway success) I'm curious how this one went....
Posted By: gasoildude Re: Anybody Stay At Des Moines For The Auction?? - Sat Aug 07 2010 02:53 AM
I thought prices where good. Heres a link smile

www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog.asp?aid=29493
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: Anybody Stay At Des Moines For The Auction?? - Sat Aug 07 2010 01:20 PM
Jeeeeeezz, that Mobilfuel Diesel globe went CHEAP, as did the 15" Mobil globe. I always see things that I wish I could have been there to bid on. Oh well, that's how auctions go. If I would have bid they would have went for twice the amount, lol!
Darin
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: Anybody Stay At Des Moines For The Auction?? - Sat Aug 07 2010 01:24 PM
BTW, can any can guys tell me about lot #246a, the Mobil can with gargoyle. Is that an American can? I've never seen that in my 3 years of collecting Mobil items. The price seems cheap to me as well on it for a seemingly rare can?
Thanks for any info,
Darin
Posted By: Esse's Garage Re: Anybody Stay At Des Moines For The Auction?? - Sat Aug 07 2010 01:54 PM
Originally Posted By: DWSheffer
Jeeeeeezz, that Mobilfuel Diesel globe went CHEAP, as did the 15" Mobil globe. I always see things that I wish I could have been there to bid on. Oh well, that's how auctions go. If I would have bid they would have went for twice the amount, lol!
Darin

Darin, you can follow the Auctions Live on Proxibid and bid on Items also. I sat in front of the Computer yesterday and watched the entire Auction from the comfort of home. I bid on a number of things but only won a Quart Can that I wanted. It is pretty easy to sign up to bid online.
Posted By: s932 Re: Anybody Stay At Des Moines For The Auction?? - Sat Aug 07 2010 02:17 PM
the lion globe also went cheap
Posted By: oslosteve Re: Anybody Stay At Des Moines For The Auction?? - Sat Aug 07 2010 02:29 PM
I know the Ace High Thermometer went for $12000 plus 15% and Iowa sales tax at 6%
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: Anybody Stay At Des Moines For The Auction?? - Sat Aug 07 2010 03:27 PM
I bid online for the first time. I bid on four pump plates and got the one I wanted for less than I thought it would go for.
Posted By: dundign Re: Anybody Stay At Des Moines For The Auction?? - Sat Aug 07 2010 06:49 PM
Matt, I was at the auction and picked up several pump plates. Which one did you get? It was very interesting where some of the prices went for.. Had fun !!! Tom
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: Anybody Stay At Des Moines For The Auction?? - Sat Aug 07 2010 07:36 PM
Tom, I got the red Shell pump plate.
Posted By: THERMOMAN Re: Anybody Stay At Des Moines For The Auction?? - Sat Aug 07 2010 08:23 PM
I was very interested in what the ace porcelain thermometer would sell for!!!! Probally a record for advertising therm at auction???? Anyone know of a therm that might be valued more than this one????
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk