Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: greasemonkey dixie gas - Sat Mar 23 2013 01:10 AM
its almost time, my first show of the year - i am really looking forward to seeing friends & hunting for sinclair odds & ends.
Posted By: Rabbitman Re: dixie gas - Sat Mar 23 2013 02:50 PM
I'm planning on hitting Dixiegas this year for the first time. Time restraints with other things has me kind of limited. Since I've not been before, is the show in full swing on Thursday or is it still in setup mode that day? Best case scenario for me would be to go on Thursday so I can be back home by Friday night for other commitment on Saturday. Anybody tell me how it goes?
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: dixie gas - Sat Mar 23 2013 03:18 PM
...if you are planning on being there at set-up time, then buy a space and set up...that's my advice...
Posted By: Rabbitman Re: dixie gas - Sat Mar 23 2013 03:29 PM
I'm not setting up to sell, I'm just going to buy. Sorry, I didn't clarify that......Gary
Posted By: puregas Re: dixie gas - Sun Mar 24 2013 06:03 PM
You need to be there bright and early Thursday.While there are those that stay through Saturday, the majority will be gone by Friday afternoon. Pat.
Posted By: TheGriffin Re: dixie gas - Sun Mar 24 2013 07:03 PM
I will be going for the first time (my first show ever) and am super excited. If I get some more stuff by then I may even try to sell. Work and kids school will make me miss Thursday but I guess the real job comes first. Hope there will be someone left.

What's up with everyone leaving by Friday afternoon? I would have thought Saturday would be the busiest.
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: dixie gas - Sun Mar 24 2013 07:10 PM
Just to clarify, if you are only going to buy then buy a booth and you will not only get in early but have a place to put your stuff. This way you do not have to make so many trips to the truck.
Just a thought.
Posted By: 60wayne Re: dixie gas - Sun Mar 24 2013 07:24 PM
There are always dealers still set up on Saturday morning for several hours. Not as many but still close to half. Some until late afternoon.
Thursday morning is the busiest among the dealers, as it the start of the show. Friday is always good.
Posted By: Rabbitman Re: dixie gas - Mon Mar 25 2013 03:30 PM
I never thought about buying a booth just to have a place to put my stuff as I buy it....That sounds like a sure way to buy way more than I need! Most shows I've been to still let everybody in at the same time regardless of whether they have a booth or not but maybe this one is different. I always feel sorry for the vendors as they try to get unloaded with a hundred people in their way trying to buy stuff before they even get it off the truck!
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: dixie gas - Mon Mar 25 2013 03:36 PM
Originally Posted By: Rabbitman
I always feel sorry for the vendors as they try to get unloaded with a hundred people in their way trying to buy stuff before they even get it off the truck!

...I guess you don't feel too sorry!
Posted By: coheley5 Re: dixie gas - Mon Mar 25 2013 05:36 PM
I am going to try and go this year ,its a great sale but my friend who lives right down the street loaded his trailer 2 years ago headed up there only to be attacked on the way in trying to buy right off the side of the road.I guess that is why I never beat any one to the good buys.
Posted By: Rabbitman Re: dixie gas - Mon Mar 25 2013 08:49 PM
No, not too sorry, Mark!! Lol!! I learned early on that to survive the shows as a buyer you have to have a very savvy presence to trod the fine line between buying smart and impulsively loading the truck.....I usually do the latter.
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: dixie gas - Mon Mar 25 2013 09:05 PM
...I just try to 'survive' the shows as a collector...
Posted By: grabber Re: dixie gas - Thu Mar 28 2013 12:01 AM
Mark...your gonna rub all the paint off that pump smile Love the avatar dude...How do I get "Speedy" to wink?
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: dixie gas - Sun Apr 07 2013 04:05 PM
...Joey, you have to make an animated GIF out of the JPG file you used for your avatar...

...show's fast approaching, it's a pretty good one - but all you wannabe early birds might want to bring something to the show besides money...just sayin'...
Posted By: grabber Re: dixie gas - Sun Apr 07 2013 05:35 PM
Mark I will talk with you about it at Dixie...I like the animation...looks cool>

Dixie is a great show with an abundance of great folks that attend every year...great hosts, beautiful scenery, etc...If you have never been you are missing out!!!
Posted By: carolinaskies Re: dixie gas - Tue Apr 09 2013 12:37 PM
I'm heading up to Chip's as well.

Anyone got some vintage promo cars you want to sell bring them with you as I'm looking for early 70's and back promo cars. I'm even looking for parts cars.
Posted By: Ed Steagall Re: dixie gas - Tue Apr 09 2013 02:34 PM
smile Good Morning to all. I will be attending Chips next week and will be on the lookout for a Lion On The Rock Sign. So if you have one and are planning to set-up, let's see what ya got! Thanks.
Ed Steagall.
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: dixie gas - Tue Apr 09 2013 02:39 PM
...I want Gulf stuff...bring me something cool for my collection...
Posted By: carolinaskies Re: dixie gas - Tue Apr 09 2013 03:58 PM
I just picked up a Parker Gulf pen in the box from a truck driver who use to haul gas in the 60's/70's.

I'll bring that with me to Dixie.
Posted By: 60wayne Re: dixie gas - Sun Apr 14 2013 02:10 AM
Dixie next week !!!!!
Posted By: carolinaskies Re: dixie gas - Sun Apr 14 2013 08:18 AM
Rain or shine I plan to be there.
Posted By: carolinaskies Re: dixie gas - Sun Apr 14 2013 10:05 PM
A few pieces coming to Dixie with me..

Posted By: 60wayne Re: dixie gas - Mon Apr 15 2013 04:07 AM
I thought I would bring this to the show for Chip !!!! Hope others will bring some of their brands to share.

Attached picture 004.JPG
Attached picture 005.JPG
Posted By: carolinaskies Re: dixie gas - Mon Apr 15 2013 11:32 AM
I dunno, one can just isn't enough.

How about a whole keg like this?

German Brewing Co. Cumberland Md.
Posted By: 60wayne Re: dixie gas - Mon Apr 15 2013 06:48 PM
Now we are talking. I will bring the tap.

Attached picture 302.JPG
Posted By: 60wayne Re: dixie gas - Tue Apr 16 2013 11:24 AM
Who's bring what? Only two days away !

Attached picture 055.JPG
Attached picture 056.JPG
Posted By: tennesseepickers Re: dixie gas - Tue Apr 16 2013 01:43 PM
Trailer loaded looking fwd to show!An when I say trailor is full I mean full several big signs two lions on the rock big esso in ring pure in ring phillips 66 orange black old punch for neon two sinclairs dinos one with full ring dx on frame single side neon 4x6 kelly springfield conoco die cut an about thirty more good signs. Dixie is my favorite show 17 years an always a great show for us. safe travel an see you there!
Posted By: carolinaskies Re: dixie gas - Tue Apr 16 2013 10:04 PM
I'm thankful that the trip is just over 3hrs for me, worth the time even if we risk a little wet weather.
Posted By: greasemonkey Re: dixie gas - Wed Apr 17 2013 08:59 PM
I'm getting ready to head out early in the AM-hopeing to put some faces with the names of the great guys on here that helped me with knowledge and deals over the last couple of years,
thanks Garry
Posted By: reb Re: dixie gas - Thu Apr 18 2013 11:59 PM
Here are pictures from Dixie Gas this morning.

http://s197.photobucket.com/user/reb_album_photos/slideshow/Dixie%20Gas%20Spring%202013
Posted By: Martin from OZ Re: dixie gas - Fri Apr 19 2013 05:31 AM
thanks for adding link to pics... thats one amazing event... can clear the bank account quickly...
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: dixie gas - Fri Apr 19 2013 02:06 PM
Thanks for the pics!
Posted By: roadrelics Re: dixie gas - Fri Apr 19 2013 09:20 PM
thanks for posting nice photos
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: dixie gas - Fri Apr 19 2013 10:01 PM
Thanks for the pics Reb,you do a great service to this show with your coverage. All geared up to be there and the wife had a bad night health wise so I'm really thankfull to see them.
See you guys for the fall show.
Posted By: garagejunkie Re: dixie gas - Sat Apr 20 2013 01:43 PM
Finally had time to scroll through the pics WOW!!!!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk