Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Chevrolet SS Iowa Gas Swap Meet - Sun Nov 02 2014 10:33 PM
Just read some info and thought I would pass it along......

Iowa Gas Swap Meet will partner with Rich Penn Auction in 2015 to bring you an incredible auction experience. The 10% buyers premium is back.
Stay tuned for more details.
Posted By: olddutchgas Re: Iowa Gas Swap Meet - Sun Nov 02 2014 11:24 PM
That is good news! Rich Penn has a very good reputation for quality auctions and sadly a 10% buyers premium seems like a good deal. Other larger "high profile" over priced auction firms from out east could learn a lot from solid mid-west auction firms who still value their customers.

Looking forward to Iowa Gas already, if you have never been there make plans to be there in 2015, it is still the best show in the hobby!!

Lonnie Hop
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Iowa Gas Swap Meet - Mon Nov 03 2014 12:35 AM
That's great news Ron! Looking forward to hear more of the details!
Posted By: Mike M. Re: Iowa Gas Swap Meet - Mon Nov 03 2014 12:57 AM
Will miss Dan, but look forward to Rich and the 10% savings. Thanks for the good news Ron!
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: Iowa Gas Swap Meet - Mon Nov 03 2014 03:04 AM
Cool! Cant wait until 2015 IG!
Posted By: oillease55 Re: Iowa Gas Swap Meet - Tue Nov 04 2014 12:42 PM
This is welcome news,thanks. Ron Lease-Collector ;;;;;;;;
Posted By: Gas globe guy Re: Iowa Gas Swap Meet - Tue Nov 04 2014 12:44 PM
I would love to go next year! Saving up for it now. Would love to meet some oldgassers in person!
Posted By: BigSky Re: Iowa Gas Swap Meet - Tue Nov 04 2014 05:54 PM
I'll be planning on attending for my first time!!
Should be fun!
Posted By: hotcidr Re: Iowa Gas Swap Meet - Tue Nov 04 2014 06:54 PM
It is good news and will bring some of us back into the auction. Some of us were too quick to blame Dan for the higher percentages and, after talking to Dan, he had no choice and had to deal with a more opportunistic boss
Posted By: intagas Re: Iowa Gas Swap Meet - Tue Nov 04 2014 10:29 PM
competition is the american way, good for all of us.
Posted By: Maxgas Re: Iowa Gas Swap Meet - Sat Nov 08 2014 11:02 AM
It's all good. See you all there.
Posted By: RARIN TO GO Re: Iowa Gas Swap Meet - Mon Nov 10 2014 01:24 AM
That is good news! I know a lot of people were not very happy with the auction this year.
Aumann...who?
Matthews...who?
Morphy...who?
I actually thought Aumann and Matthews did a good job. Morphy? Big time sticker (bidder) shock!!! Good riddance! Looking forward to seeing what Rich Penn Auction has to offer. I'm glad to see the promoters of Iowa Gas have heard our concerns and responded to them. I'm looking forward to next year!
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: Iowa Gas Swap Meet - Wed Nov 12 2014 04:15 AM
I will be there!!! Hoping to see some high end pumps being auctioned someday! Not just high end signs and globes.Their needs to be something for everyone. Or how about some low end stuff mixed in?????

Rob
Posted By: Maxgas Re: Iowa Gas Swap Meet - Wed Nov 12 2014 10:34 AM
Rob, Keep my space warm next to you. Maybe I will bring a few gas pumps from Maine just so your not lonely.
Posted By: BryceG Re: Iowa Gas Swap Meet - Wed Nov 12 2014 12:56 PM
Originally Posted By: Gas Pump Rob
Or how about some low end stuff mixed in?????

that would be nice... 2-day auction maybe? like what Mathews used to do in Peotone. Lower end stuff on Thursday & the better stuff on Friday.
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: Iowa Gas Swap Meet - Wed Nov 12 2014 07:27 PM
Originally Posted By: RARIN TO GO
I'm glad to see the promoters of Iowa Gas have heard our concerns and responded to them.

...well, at least ONE of the concerns, anyway...
Posted By: 57CameoGuy Re: Iowa Gas Swap Meet - Wed Nov 12 2014 08:02 PM
I just looked at the IaGas web site. The dates they show are the 2nd - 5th 2015. That is Sunday thru Wednesday. I wonder if that is a typo. Anyone heard?
Posted By: BryceG Re: Iowa Gas Swap Meet - Wed Nov 12 2014 08:06 PM
Originally Posted By: 57CameoGuy
I just looked at the IaGas web site. The dates they show are the 2nd - 5th 2015. That is Sunday thru Wednesday. I wonder if that is a typo. Anyone heard?

sounds correct, probably going to start advertising the 'real' days now since out of state peeps are showing up on Thursday and wondering why half the vendors are gone. early birds arrive on Sunday. general consensus is that the show is done by Wednesday afternoon.
Posted By: 57CameoGuy Re: Iowa Gas Swap Meet - Wed Nov 12 2014 08:10 PM
Very true Bryce. Does this mean we need to get there on the Friday before? LOL. Any idea as to when they will be set up for vendor registration?
Posted By: Tankar Re: Iowa Gas Swap Meet - Wed Nov 12 2014 09:42 PM
i'll be there july 4th. That should cover it.
Posted By: 57CameoGuy Re: Iowa Gas Swap Meet - Wed Nov 12 2014 09:45 PM
That's a long wait for sure.
Posted By: Mike M. Re: Iowa Gas Swap Meet - Wed Nov 12 2014 11:18 PM
Guy's dates for 2015 Iowa Gas are August 4 thru 7.....was listed wrong on their site!
Posted By: hjnc Re: Iowa Gas Swap Meet - Fri Nov 14 2014 09:39 PM
I attended the IG this summer and was very impressed. I learned that the first day of the show isn't really the first day. A lot of trading goes on before the scheduled first day!
Posted By: Wes Maxwell Re: Iowa Gas Swap Meet - Fri Nov 14 2014 10:08 PM
IG is always a good show. A lot of stuff for sale all in one place. Some deals and some strong prices, as with any show. I ended up with one sign from the auction last year I added to the collection. It comes up every year about when the show actually starts. As I see it, the show promoter has to keep the dealers/ vendors happy because if you do not have vendors, you do not have a show. If you only have vendors, you still have a show as they buy and sell to each other. Looking forward to it and the rest of the 2015 show season already.
Posted By: st.rod Re: Iowa Gas Swap Meet - Sat Nov 15 2014 01:08 AM
Iowa Gas has been some of my best memories of folks here. I need to attend next year maybe for the last time to really remember times lost.

Larry
Posted By: DrayFORDGUY Re: Iowa Gas Swap Meet - Fri Dec 12 2014 04:44 AM
WOW THAT IS AWESOME I CANT WAIT TO BE THERE!! LET THE COUNT DOWN BEGIN
Posted By: oiljobber Re: Iowa Gas Swap Meet - Sun Dec 21 2014 10:02 PM
Thinking of flying up this year and attending for the first time. Does anyone know is there an on-site shipper like Craters and Freighters to handle large items???
Also what day does activity really begin? I know at Hershey it's a few days prior to what's advertised.
Posted By: st.rod Re: Iowa Gas Swap Meet - Sun Dec 21 2014 10:44 PM
Be there at least by Tuesday AM

Larry
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: Iowa Gas Swap Meet - Sun Dec 21 2014 10:56 PM
Also what day does activity really begin? Quote

I have a link to last years discussion of what is best for IG and timing.
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=557314&page=1
Lots of opinions about when is right but in my experience of just one IG, I found that people were selling in their rooms on the Sunday before hand. Prices were strongest on Sunday/Tuesday and declined through the week as did the selection of course.
Posted By: oiljobber Re: Iowa Gas Swap Meet - Sun Dec 21 2014 11:38 PM
Thanks for the reply. It sounds like I will need to plan to come early. Heard it's the Grand Daddy of Oil/Gas shows.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk