Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: 2 Gallon Luke MASON DIXON GAS 2015 - Wed Jan 07 2015 09:42 PM
Only a couple months to go until Mason Dixon Gas in Frederick MD! This is always one of my favorite shows of the year, with some of the biggest names of the east coast, and offers a great buying opportunity for everyone. I'll be there with some of my extra 2 gallons and some signs.

Who else is going, and what is being brought?
Posted By: THERMOMAN Re: MASON DIXON GAS 2015 - Wed Jan 07 2015 10:33 PM
I will be there as usual. I believe this will be my 10th year. I'm glad to know there are other people out there thinking like me. 8 weeks away.
Posted By: 1PetroFan Re: MASON DIXON GAS 2015 - Wed Jan 07 2015 10:34 PM
I'll be there, but buying, not selling. Anxious to get there! Looking forward to seeing a lot of old gassers and a Mason Dixon T-shirt. Brady
Posted By: THERMOMAN Re: MASON DIXON GAS 2015 - Wed Jan 07 2015 10:55 PM
For those Petro people out there who haven't made this show?? Here are some pictures of past mason dixon events. I hope it encourages people to make the trip! Hope to see everyone there.

Mason Dixon 2014
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=519036&page=1

Mason Dixon 2013
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=399802&page=1

Mason Dixon 2012
http://oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=310869&page=1

Mason Dixon 2011
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=239930&page=all
Posted By: IndyGas6 Re: MASON DIXON GAS 2015 - Thu Jan 08 2015 01:40 AM
I'm gonna make it this time. Buying.
Posted By: chuck harders Re: MASON DIXON GAS 2015 - Thu Jan 08 2015 01:53 AM
what days are the show? chuck
Posted By: 2 Gallon Luke Re: MASON DIXON GAS 2015 - Thu Jan 08 2015 08:20 PM
The show date is Saturday, March 14. This is the technical day for regular buyers, but a lot of buying goes on friday, dealer set up day, for vendors only.
Posted By: 72Scamp Re: MASON DIXON GAS 2015 - Sat Jan 10 2015 03:04 PM
I have to work that day. cry Seems like every gas & oil show or swap meet is scheduled for a weekend I have to work.
Posted By: nam5072 Re: MASON DIXON GAS 2015 - Sun Jan 11 2015 02:46 PM
Im gunna finally try to make it!! How do we find fellow oldgassers?
Posted By: chuck harders Re: MASON DIXON GAS 2015 - Mon Jan 12 2015 01:50 PM
darn, thought it was the weekend before. can't make it. bummer!!!!
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: MASON DIXON GAS 2015 - Mon Jan 12 2015 05:01 PM
...this will be the 19th show - haven't missed one yet, and don't plan to...the hosts are the best...I'll be setting up with some signs & cans, hawking the Mason-Dixon t-shirts, and looking for nice Gulf pieces for my collection grin so bring me something good!

Originally Posted By: 2 Gallon Luke
The show date is Saturday, March 14. This is the technical day for regular buyers, but a lot of buying goes on friday, dealer set up day, for vendors only.

...bold added by me, for emphasis...if you want to come on Friday, please support the show by buying a indoor/outdoor space, bringing some nice stuff, and setting up...

Originally Posted By: 72Scamp
I have to work that day. cry Seems like every gas & oil show or swap meet is scheduled for a weekend I have to work.

...8 weeks out, and you can't get a day off?
Posted By: the pump shop Re: MASON DIXON GAS 2015 - Mon Jan 12 2015 09:50 PM
Mark, put me in for 1 t-shirt.
1 sweat shirt
1 hoodie
Thanks,, see you there.
Posted By: pkhammer Re: MASON DIXON GAS 2015 - Fri Jan 16 2015 01:06 AM
I'll be there looking for stuff to add to my collection. This is a nice show, mostly indoors and there is usually an auction going on the same day in one of the nearby buildings.
Posted By: Perdue31 Re: MASON DIXON GAS 2015 - Fri Jan 16 2015 01:19 AM
Planning on making the trip for the first time. Very excited. Who knows what I will have in stock by then
Posted By: Gas stuff.com Re: MASON DIXON GAS 2015 - Fri Jan 16 2015 01:21 AM
Great to see you are coming Jeremy.
Posted By: RetroPetro Re: MASON DIXON GAS 2015 - Sun Jan 25 2015 01:10 AM
Always a good show, not to be missed. I'll have signs, globes, cans, smalls, etc.
Posted By: 2 Gallon Luke Re: MASON DIXON GAS 2015 - Thu Jan 29 2015 09:54 PM
I will be sending out my Mason Dixon vendors registration tomorrow, and since they have been a couple weeks sent out, I hope everyone will be doing so soon. For past vendors, who get first shot at spaces, getting the current papers to Keith Elza as soon as possible is crucial, so new vendors may get the chance to participate with any remaining spaces.
Only a little over a month to go!!
Posted By: Perdue31 Re: MASON DIXON GAS 2015 - Thu Feb 05 2015 05:10 PM
Thanks John! I gotta get out to more of these shows up North and out Midwest
Posted By: ironvise Re: MASON DIXON GAS 2015 - Thu Feb 05 2015 06:28 PM
I will be there with Anthony, Jared and Marky. Going to be a lot of good stuff there this year.
Posted By: Wowabunga Re: MASON DIXON GAS 2015 - Mon Feb 09 2015 04:14 AM
Who what when and where is the auction? I'm forcing myself to clean up the place and have some stuff to consign.

I only live 30 minutes west of Frederick over the hill, and have never been to the show, but have been to the auto swap meet for many years.

Anyone coming have any old auto/truck jacks you want to unload ? I collect them babies and am looking to add to my growing collection.
Posted By: 2 Gallon Luke Re: MASON DIXON GAS 2015 - Mon Feb 09 2015 12:16 PM
The auction will be conducted by Parzow Auctions of Frederick, and will be held in building #12 on the fairgrounds, only a short walk way from the show location. It begins at 9am. Generally, there is an abundance of country store pieces in the sale, but this year, they are selling the collection of Dave Clemens, with a heavy focus on petroliana. You can fist their website for more photos, phone numbers, etc.
Posted By: 60wayne Re: MASON DIXON GAS 2015 - Mon Feb 09 2015 12:20 PM
Here is a link to the auction. Looks good this year.

http://www.auctionzip.com/Listings/2278050.html
Posted By: Mattgas Re: MASON DIXON GAS 2015 - Mon Feb 09 2015 01:08 PM
I will be there again this year, great show.
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: MASON DIXON GAS 2015 - Mon Feb 09 2015 02:08 PM
Originally Posted By: 2 Gallon Luke
The auction will be conducted by Parzow Auctions of Frederick, and will be held in building #12 on the fairgrounds, only a short walk way from the show location. It begins at 9am. Generally, there is an abundance of country store pieces in the sale, but this year, they are selling the collection of Dave Clemens, with a heavy focus on petroliana. You can fist their website for more photos, phone numbers, etc.

"Part 2 of the "American Pickers" auction"

...what the hell does that mean???
Posted By: 2 Gallon Luke Re: MASON DIXON GAS 2015 - Mon Feb 09 2015 03:22 PM
Dave Clemens was on American Pickers (the pickers robbed him blind on several pieces!) He is now selling his collection, and it was broken up into 2 separate sales, one in November, and the one now.
Posted By: gmstuff Re: MASON DIXON GAS 2015 - Mon Feb 09 2015 04:25 PM
Hi Guys, thanks for all the great comments about the show! This years show is quickly approaching and is proving to be one of our best! We have had an overwhelming response from our regular vendors and many new vendors. We have received so many requests from new vendors we have decided to rent an additional building to house new vendors. The building we typically rent has an adjoining room that will house another 10-15 vendors. All regular vendors will be in their previous spots unless they have already contacted us.

We do have some spots available in the new building if anyone is interested in becoming a vendor. Please feel free to contact us if there are any questions.

Thanks, The Mason Dixon "Crew"
Posted By: Wowabunga Re: MASON DIXON GAS 2015 - Mon Feb 09 2015 09:27 PM
Just viewed the photos of the stuff up for grabs at the auction.... whoooaaa...! Too much good stuff to take in, makes one light headed seeing so much cool stuff.
Posted By: Jwsloop19 Re: MASON DIXON GAS 2015 - Tue Feb 10 2015 11:00 AM
This will be my first year attending! I'm really pumped to see all the great stuff! Think I'm going to be after a sign or so and deafinitly some oil cans!
Posted By: jbrooks Re: MASON DIXON GAS 2015 - Sat Feb 14 2015 03:19 PM
The check is in the mail keith. It sounds like I will be in the second room so any oldgasers be sure to come introduce yourself
Posted By: shaunhiggins Re: MASON DIXON GAS 2015 - Tue Mar 03 2015 07:25 PM
Keith getting close to the BIG day...Bringing lots of cool counter top displays, signs and posters...Look forward to seeing all of you at the show...LETS HOPE FOR WARM DRY WEATHER!
Posted By: Wes Maxwell Re: MASON DIXON GAS 2015 - Tue Mar 03 2015 09:44 PM
What time is set up on Friday?
Posted By: gasmansgp Re: MASON DIXON GAS 2015 - Tue Mar 03 2015 09:46 PM
Most of us are there around 9-10 A.M. Paul www.severngaspumps.com
Posted By: gmstuff Re: MASON DIXON GAS 2015 - Wed Mar 04 2015 01:40 AM
Thanks Shaun! Yes, the show is getting close, less than two weeks away.. This year’s show is defiantly going to be our largest ever! We have completely sold out our original building and continuing to fill up the new building. We already have over 60 vendors and more coming in daily.. Many thanks to the many, great vendors we have that continue to support our show, without them we wouldn't have been doing this for 19 years!!! Friday is for vendor set up ONLY, we do not allow early buyers in on Friday. Doors open to buyers on Saturday morning @ 7:00 am.

Feel free to contact us or post here if you have any questions about the show.

I look forward to seeing everyone there, safe travels, Keith
Posted By: The Brain Re: MASON DIXON GAS 2015 - Sun Mar 08 2015 04:01 PM
Some folks have real jobs and not a good boss that lets them off whenever they want.
Posted By: The Brain Re: MASON DIXON GAS 2015 - Sun Mar 08 2015 04:06 PM
Bring your rain coats!
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: MASON DIXON GAS 2015 - Sun Mar 08 2015 10:08 PM

...Finally! Here's the back design for this year's shirts...if you're coming and want a t-shirt, sweatshirt or hoodie, please email marktheaardvark AT yahoo DOT com (spelled thusly to foil the spambots on the web)...

...we will have shirts (only) for sale at the show - but if you want to be sure we have your size, it's best to pre-order...

...please let me know what you want ASAP - as we have to order the blanks on Tuesday, to get them in the shop so they can be printed...

...t-shirts are available in Navy; sweats and hoodies are available in Navy...as the design is a night scene, I couldn't figure out how to alter the design to print on light shirts/sweats this year...

...t-shirts are $15, sizes S-XL; XXL & larger are $17...

...crew neck sweatshirts are $20, sizes S-XL; XXL & larger are $22...

...hoodie sweatshirts are $25, sizes S-XL; XXL & larger are $27...

...the left chest design will be the standard design, with this year's show date...

...if you can't make it to the show but still want a shirt/sweatshirt, please shoot me a PM...
Posted By: Tbirdgas Re: MASON DIXON GAS 2015 - Mon Mar 09 2015 01:28 AM
That's Cool Mark!!
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: MASON DIXON GAS 2015 - Mon Mar 09 2015 03:24 PM
...thanks, Paul...Keith, Sr. had an old Autoline booklet with a car shining headlights on a billboard, and thought it would make for a nice shirt...the toughest part was finding a usable pic of a vintage car from that angle!
Posted By: Wes Maxwell Re: MASON DIXON GAS 2015 - Mon Mar 09 2015 03:57 PM
I will take an XXL T-shirt.
Posted By: gasmansgp Re: MASON DIXON GAS 2015 - Mon Mar 09 2015 04:07 PM
Mark, My order is in a PM. Thanks, Paul www.severngaspumps.com
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: MASON DIXON GAS 2015 - Tue Mar 10 2015 02:04 PM
...thanks, guys! Anyone else wanting a sweatshirt or hoodie, please let me know before 2PM today...
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk