Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: BA TRAMP OIL New member from Nebraska living in TX - Mon Jan 25 2016 11:31 PM
Hello to all the group members. What a wealth of information this site has. My grandfather, Bernard A. Tramp, started his small gas station business in the 1930's by operating a very small station in Wynot, Nebraska. He eventually migrated down the road by 1940 to South Yankton, Nebraska and opened his gas station and garage, B.A. Tramp Oil, under the Deep Rock banner. My father took over the business eventually, which migrated from Deep Rock to Kerr McGee, and there I will stop. I have so many fond memories and invaluable experiences of working at this family owned business. My other hobby would be participating at cars shows with my '71 Chevelle Super Sport, which my father purchased new off the Chevrolet dealer's lot in Feb 1971. Pic can be found in the Test forum area. Thank you for allowing me to join this group.
Posted By: SandPCollector Re: New member from Nebraska living in TX - Mon Jan 25 2016 11:59 PM
Happy to welcome another Texas resident to the site!
Posted By: advertologist Re: New member from Nebraska living in TX - Tue Jan 26 2016 12:54 AM
welcome aboard.. ... cool
Posted By: Nicole Re: New member from Nebraska living in TX - Tue Jan 26 2016 03:03 AM
What a great family history and good for you in mastering posting images...most of us (I include myself) had a few hic-ups before we succeeded.

If you ever want to share your story about your family's different gas stations and have any pictures, we would love to see them in the showcase and stories section.

Never mind--I see you did already under Great Old Pic's! blush laugh
Posted By: pickurt Re: New member from Nebraska living in TX - Tue Jan 26 2016 12:13 PM
Welcome Terry.

Kurt
Posted By: JimT Re: New member from Nebraska living in TX - Tue Jan 26 2016 03:27 PM
Welcome to Oldgas.
Posted By: BA TRAMP OIL Re: New member from Nebraska living in TX - Tue Jan 26 2016 09:23 PM
Originally Posted By Nicole
What a great family history and good for you in mastering posting images...most of us (I include myself) had a few hic-ups before we succeeded.

If you ever want to share your story about your family's different gas stations and have any pictures, we would love to see them in the showcase and stories section.

Never mind--I see you did already under Great Old Pic's! blush laugh

Thank you Nicole. Fortunately for me Team Chevelle's website was similar until they changed so I had some prior experience before joining this forum.
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: New member from Nebraska living in TX - Wed Jan 27 2016 02:49 AM
Welcome to OldGas!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk