Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Caribiner23 Hello, Joe from Chicago Here! - Sun Jul 23 2017 12:51 AM
Hi Everyone,

I just joined the site, and I am looking forward to learning more about collecting gas station memorabilia!

When I was a kid, my family took lots of road trips, and I was always fascinated by the different brands of gas stations we'd see on the road. I had a pretty substantial map collection from stations all over the country, gathered mostly from 1972-1976. I also took a lot of photos of station brands that we didn't have in Chicago (e.g. Exxon, Chevron, DX). Unfortunately, my parents had a flood in their basement in the late 1980s and my entire collection was wiped out.

Fast forward to 2017, I recently finished a project of completely clearing out my 2.5 car garage--- mostly getting rid of stuff the previous owners left in there-- and I'd like to start collecting again since I now have a place for things like signage.

I'll be scanning the For Sale forums to see if I can find some things for my newly-prepped garage-- my sentimental favorite brands are Standard (Indiana)/Amoco and Sunoco, but I'm interested in anything that's out there.

Looking forward to being a part of the community here!
Posted By: advertologist Re: Hello, Joe from Chicago Here! - Sun Jul 23 2017 01:03 AM
welcome aboard .. ... cool
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: Hello, Joe from Chicago Here! - Sun Jul 23 2017 04:32 AM
Welcome to Oldgas.com!
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Hello, Joe from Chicago Here! - Sun Jul 23 2017 11:37 AM
I Joe,welcome.
Where abouts in Chicago are you?
Posted By: SandPCollector Re: Hello, Joe from Chicago Here! - Sun Jul 23 2017 12:24 PM
Joe, Welcome to Oldgas. Best of luck with your collecting!
Posted By: Caribiner23 Re: Hello, Joe from Chicago Here! - Sun Jul 23 2017 12:49 PM
@cold pizza: Northwest side. Where are you?
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Hello, Joe from Chicago Here! - Sun Jul 23 2017 01:32 PM
Western suburbs,22 miles due west of Chicago in Clarendon Hills.
Posted By: pickurt Re: Hello, Joe from Chicago Here! - Sun Jul 23 2017 02:22 PM
Welcome Joe.

Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: Hello, Joe from Chicago Here! - Mon Jul 24 2017 02:39 AM
Welcome to OldGas!
Posted By: Speedracer Re: Hello, Joe from Chicago Here! - Mon Aug 14 2017 02:00 AM
Welcome to the forum.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk