Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: TexasRanger84 New Canadian Member - Sun Jun 10 2018 01:52 AM
Am a new member getting into petroliana collecting. All these signs and pumps were in service before my time so I'm trying to learn what I can after the fact about the originals. Speaking with some guys it seems like this is a bad time to get into this hobby as it is saturated with collectors now and the reproduction and fake signs outnumber the originals but something about it keeps driving me toward this hobby.

I work as a utility worker on the gas pipelines and enjoy what I do. I play the guitar (mostly blues) and collect signs, old brass belt buckles, vintage trucker hats (mostly oil & gas related), knives, and I live in the country.

-Dallas
Posted By: advertologist Re: New Canadian Member - Sun Jun 10 2018 02:19 AM
welcome aboard .. ... cool
Posted By: SandPCollector Re: New Canadian Member - Sun Jun 10 2018 02:43 AM
Welcome to Oldgas. There is plenty of good information and knowledge available on this site. I have to say your name of TexasRanger84 living in Ontario caught my attention since I live in the DFW area and was born in Kitchener! Best of luck with your collecting!
Posted By: TexasRanger84 Re: New Canadian Member - Sun Jun 10 2018 03:20 AM
Thank you!
Posted By: TexasRanger84 Re: New Canadian Member - Sun Jun 10 2018 03:24 AM
With a name like Dallas growing up I've heard all the Texas and cowboy jokes. I just embrace it now lol. Am originally from Winnipeg.
Will be in Texas for my first time next week actually.
Thanks for the kind words and the reply!
Posted By: SandPCollector Re: New Canadian Member - Sun Jun 10 2018 03:31 AM
When you are in Texas be sure to ask to locals where the best Tex-Mex or Barbeque is and give it a sample!
Posted By: TexasRanger84 Re: New Canadian Member - Sun Jun 10 2018 12:38 PM
Will do. Am looking forward to the food down there!
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: New Canadian Member - Sun Jun 10 2018 10:34 PM
Welcome to OldGas!
Posted By: TexasRanger84 Re: New Canadian Member - Mon Jun 11 2018 11:52 PM
Thank you very much.
Posted By: RedHat Re: New Canadian Member - Sun Jun 17 2018 06:21 PM
Welcome!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk