Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: HotRidesUSA Excited to be a new member - Mon Aug 27 2018 10:03 PM
Hello, I'm originally from Australia. Love the USA because it has the best petroliana and your culture maintains the history so well. I grew up in the life of old gas. My parents owned a 1930s style parking garage and gas station in the city center of Brisbane, Australia. (R O'Neill's Parking Station).

Gas memorabilia always fascinated me and I wish I had the foresight to collect everything from then. We only had plastic globes on our pumps. Mostly BP.

We sold Castrol Oil and had many quart oil bottles still in cartons. Would love to have those now!

I am a keen collector now, but because I don't have much storage space, I am also a keen observer. I have written a few observations on my blog: Hot Rides USA with many more observations to come.

I hope to meet some of you at the Fred Stokes Ranch Pacific Gas Bash in Sonoma County (Northern California) next month.

Thanks for including me in this forum.
Alan
Posted By: advertologist Re: Excited to be a new member - Tue Aug 28 2018 12:20 AM
welcome aboard .. ... cool
Posted By: HotRidesUSA Re: Excited to be a new member - Tue Aug 28 2018 12:51 AM
Thank you advertologist
Posted By: SandPCollector Re: Excited to be a new member - Tue Aug 28 2018 12:55 AM
Alan, Welcome to Oldgas. Good luck with your collecting!
Posted By: HotRidesUSA Re: Excited to be a new member - Tue Aug 28 2018 01:56 AM
Thank you for the welcome SandPCollector.
Posted By: coheley5 Re: Excited to be a new member - Tue Aug 28 2018 03:30 AM
Welcome
Posted By: Bill jr Re: Excited to be a new member - Tue Aug 28 2018 11:55 AM
Welcome to OLDGAS
Posted By: RedHat Re: Excited to be a new member - Wed Aug 29 2018 02:12 AM
Welcome!
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: Excited to be a new member - Fri Aug 31 2018 03:31 AM
Welcome to OldGas!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk