Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: svtforme New Here - Just bought a Gulf "Chrome Top" - Tue Jan 14 2020 02:20 AM
New here - just bought my first gas pump - a Gulf gas pump from the 60's. Found it an an estate auction and couldn't resist. I have restored several Gilbarco 900's back in the day with my father, but that is it. I am sure this is the first of many to come smile.

It is in excellent shape with very little to no rust and the porcelain parts that are still there are near perfect. All of the internals are there, but it is missing several outer panels. The area where the name badges normally are located are missing (beside nozzle). It would appear as they were never there as there are no witness marks and the there are no signs of the holes ever being being threaded. They looked to have been removed early on in life if anything. I'll be posting a wanted ad as soon as I figure out what I have. I will post some pics once it is presentable.

From doing some initial research, it appears to be one of the following:
Wayne 1
Southwest Model 30, 51-1, 62-1, 1
Erie 158 or 129-22
Bennett 748
Dayton 1420

I have ruled out a couple of the above based on the nozzle area characteristics, bolt hole locations, etc.

I'd post pictures, but looks like I can't embed into post.
Posted By: advertologist Re: New Here - Just bought a Gulf "Chrome Top" - Tue Jan 14 2020 02:48 AM
welcome aboard .. ... cool
Posted By: Oldgas Re: New Here - Just bought a Gulf "Chrome Top" - Tue Jan 14 2020 02:49 AM
Originally Posted by svtforme
I'd post pictures, but looks like I can't embed into post.

Welcome to Oldgas.com
You certainly can upload your photos directly into your posts here. Instructions on using our Attachment Manager:
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=703369
Posted By: svtforme Re: New Here - Just bought a Gulf "Chrome Top" - Tue Jan 14 2020 02:58 AM
There it is - thanks! Didn't see that the first time around. Here goes:

Attached picture Pump Day 1.jpg
Attached picture Pump Day 1 Side.jpg
Posted By: Tankar Re: New Here - Just bought a Gulf "Chrome Top" - Tue Jan 14 2020 03:03 AM
I have one of those, I think there a cool little pump.
Posted By: SandPCollector Re: New Here - Just bought a Gulf "Chrome Top" - Tue Jan 14 2020 03:43 AM
Welcome to Oldgas. Good luck with your project!
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: New Here - Just bought a Gulf "Chrome Top" - Wed Jan 15 2020 02:14 AM
Welcome to OldGas!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk