Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Last gas garage Larry Atcher - Fri Mar 20 2020 02:07 PM
Hello my name is Larry,i'm a new member and a old gas pump collector. Since i graduated high school in 1981 I have been building and restoring antique cars. My whole family has them. In the late 80,s I had gotten a job in DesMoines Ia where I built all of the street rod projects that came in. That is where I meet a man you all probably know, Scott Anderson. Scott brought his pumps into our shop where I did the restorations on them. It is at that point I got into collecting .Living in a small farm town I learned that there was a lot of old pumps sitting around. And I was determined to own them all.So I,ve been restoring pumps ever since. I love gravity pumps but in the last 10 years or so gotten into clockface & electrics . I have bought and sold lots of them , now I have people come to me to sell me pumps or to have them restored,that is what makes it enjoyable ...I still build a lot of cars my favorite is 33-34 dodge & plymouths. I have a 34 dodge pickup,34 dodge convertible , 34 plymouth coupe, 33 dodge humpback panel, 34 plymouth 2dr sedan and a 72 chevy pickup. So i stay busy working on cars and gas pumps. Hope to soon show some pics of pumps and cars I,ve done over the years, Thanks Larry.
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: Larry Atcher - Fri Mar 20 2020 02:24 PM
Larry welcome to OG. we look forward to seeing your pictures.
I see you're in Marshalltown not far from one of my favorite golf courses..The Harvester. Great track.
Posted By: SandPCollector Re: Larry Atcher - Fri Mar 20 2020 02:29 PM
Larry, Welcome to Oldgas.
Posted By: advertologist Re: Larry Atcher - Fri Mar 20 2020 03:28 PM
welcome aboard .. ... cool
Posted By: Bill jr Re: Larry Atcher - Sat Mar 21 2020 12:36 AM
Welcome to OLDGAS
Posted By: Tankar Re: Larry Atcher - Sat Mar 21 2020 12:43 AM
Welcome
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: Larry Atcher - Mon Mar 23 2020 02:09 AM
Welcome to OldGas!
Posted By: Skydog Re: Larry Atcher - Mon Mar 23 2020 09:52 PM
Greetings from Nebraska.