Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Ms Lucas WWI soldier had his own garage before enlisting. - Mon Mar 30 2020 02:24 AM
I am his only descendant and am honored to have inherited his beautiful glass gas pump cylinder. It was passed to my father and then to me. I have always known that it is special, but I don't know what to do with it. It is 26inches in height and 12.5inches in diameter. It is a thick blue glass 3/16inches thick. All of my friends tell me to throw it away. It is too valuable for that. I have seen these in old gas stations along Rt 66. Nobody wants it. What do I do?
welcome aboard .. ... cool
Posted By: RedHat Re: WWI soldier had his own garage before enlisting. - Mon Mar 30 2020 04:02 AM
Welcome! Pictures can always help other members help you 👍
Welcome to Oldgas ! DON'T throw it away. 5 companys used this cylinder in the manufacturing of pumps. A sixth company used it but no one knows the model number of the pump.
Find someone in the hobby to advise you , it is a sought after item to those seeking it for restoration project.
Most notable that will perk interest it fits several Fry 10 gallon models and the blue seems to be more sought after then clear glass.
Posted By: Ms Lucas Re: WWI soldier had his own garage before enlisting. - Mon Mar 30 2020 01:23 PM
Thanks can you help me find those hobbyists? This site is as close as I have come to finding anyone that knows what I'm talking about.
Posted By: Bill jr Re: WWI soldier had his own garage before enlisting. - Mon Mar 30 2020 01:26 PM
advertise it here under for sale section
Welcome to Oldgas. Best of luck in finding a new home for your cylinder.
Posted By: BrianH Re: WWI soldier had his own garage before enlisting. - Mon Mar 30 2020 02:45 PM
I would be interested in your cylinder. Please PM me with pictures so I can see the condition. For sure don't throw it away!

BrianH
Welcome to OldGas!
Originally Posted by Ms Lucas
Thanks can you help me find those hobbyists? This site is as close as I have come to finding anyone that knows what I'm talking about.

Wish I could be more help if you have info in your Profile how to contact you someone may find you. There is 14,000 + reg. members here.
Know there is some process you must meet before new member can post in the for sale forum but I'm not up to date on what they are.
I assume that is your goal to sell item.
Posted By: Skydog Re: WWI soldier had his own garage before enlisting. - Thu Apr 02 2020 04:23 AM
Greetings from Nebraska.

Greg
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk