Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: chuck harders Mobil curbside girl - Fri Apr 27 2012 10:37 PM
Mobil double sided, hand painted curbside girl with original gargoyle base. she was base coat/clear coated, and then hand painted on top of that. She has an articulating arm that waves up and down and has a light socket in her hand! a really unique piece. open to partial trade offers. PM or give me a call. chuck 904-424-7210

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Posted By: TheRoyalCrown Re: Mobil curbside girl - Fri Apr 27 2012 11:00 PM
Is this a fantasy sign?
Posted By: Tom Auger Re: Mobil curbside girl - Fri Apr 27 2012 11:03 PM
PM SENT
Posted By: bkcraun Re: Mobil curbside girl - Fri Apr 27 2012 11:57 PM
I don't think my wife would let me have that. smile
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: Mobil curbside girl - Sat Apr 28 2012 12:09 AM
Originally Posted By: LApicker
Is this a fantasy sign?

From the rear yes,from the front not so much.
Remember the post when you got her ,looks great.
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: Mobil curbside girl - Sat Apr 28 2012 02:58 AM
It's all in the mind of the beholder.
Posted By: Vegaslube Re: Mobil curbside girl - Sat Apr 28 2012 03:43 AM
That's my kind of fantasy!
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: Mobil curbside girl - Sat Apr 28 2012 04:42 AM
Chuck,
You have been around for a while, 295 posts, are you asking us, who most of us have been putting down reproductios, to believe this is an original. Just come out and say, it is an original or it is a fantasy piece.
Actully I don't have a problem with it being a fantasy item, just as long as I know what it is.
I wouldn't purchase it, but it does look like something I might see in a restaurent devoted to old petro items. Maybe that is your market.

Jack & Cindy Sim
Posted By: Wes Hague Re: Mobil curbside girl - Sat Apr 28 2012 09:43 AM
Jack , he said it was an original Gargoyle BASE,,,he doesn't say anywhere that it was ALL original,,,enjoy the sign for what it is..lighten up !
Posted By: THERMOMAN Re: Mobil curbside girl - Sat Apr 28 2012 10:27 AM
I believe if chuck had a buyer in front if him that thought this sign was real, he would shed some light on it. Dont personally feel this one needs a fantasy stamp.....i think its a little too obvious
Posted By: chuck harders Re: Mobil curbside girl - Sat Apr 28 2012 01:44 PM
hello guys, the girl has found a new home! as for what she is, she is a reproduction of the original i posted on here years ago. sorry, wasn't trying to decieve anyone. all the PM's i got, the first thing i told all was that she was not the original. her butt showing was enough for me! ha. but....still would never want to decieve, so for anyone that was unsure, i should have said that. the good thing is she has found a new home and is headed for the great state of Maine. chuck
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk