Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Jolly-John Mini Blue Firestone Tire Ashtray 1934 World's Fair - Sun Feb 08 2015 05:12 PM
I have a unique-size, BLUE Firestone tire ashtray with the 1934 Chicago World's Fair glass insert. This is an unusual mini-size that is quite a bit smaller than the "usual" Firestone blue tire ashtrays I've seen from the '34 World's Fair. This tire is 3-3/4" outer diameter and 2-1/4" inner diameter. It is a mid-tone blue in color. My camera flash washed the color out quite a bit....but I assure you the rubber tire is a very true medium blue.

The clear glass insert is free of chips, and reads "Century of Progress . Firestone . Chicago . 1934". The tire reads "Firestone . Heavy Duty . 6.00-16 . High Speed Gum Dipped Balloon".

The rubber tire does have shallow age cracks on both sides. There are a few small specks of white paint on the tread, which I haven't tried to remove. There is one cigarette burn on the back side, which I've shown in one of the photos. Overall, this 80-year-old Firestone tire ashtray displays well.

The price is $65, plus shipping. Your personal check or a money order work fine for payment. PayPal is O.K., with the buyer handling the fee. Thanks for looking. John

Attached picture aft1DSC00020.jpg
Attached picture aft3DSC00024.jpg
Attached picture aft5DSC00033.jpg
Attached picture aft4DSC00027.jpg
now that is freakin cool!!!! nice pick!!! (feel the need to explain me-self here, nice pick as in pickers.. finders of the known and unknown )
Thank you for your comments, rockytops. However, it wasn't a recent "pick", to use your terminology. I've had this mini blue Firestone 1934 World's Fair tire ashtray in my little collection for over 30 years. Just decided to "thin the herd" a bit. I guess we could say, I picked it off my shelf and posted the "for sale" ad on Old Gas today! Welcome to the website. John
The blue Firestone tire ashtray is SOLD, pending payment. Thank you, Rick. AND, thank you Old Gas. John
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk