Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Craig Osbeck A friends selling his pump collection - Sat Jul 08 2017 11:58 AM
a long time collector is going to sell his pumps but is going to have his other signs and stuff auctioned off. I will be posting some pictures for him and you may contact him for many more. Many of these are really nice pumps some of which I did years ago. Twin 850, twin Bennett 450, Penometer, Wayne 50, Nice simplees,850, and many others. Not cheap but many high quality pumps.

Attached picture Image076.jpg
Attached picture Image065.jpg
Attached picture DSC00418.JPG
Attached picture Image074.jpg
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: A friends selling his pump collection - Sat Jul 08 2017 12:02 PM
More pictures. There are many more pumps, and I do not have all the pictures. He has other pumps also that other people have done for him. Canadian twin, 850 Gilmore set, air meters, etc.

Attached picture Image068.jpg
Attached picture DSC00421.JPG
Attached picture DSC00417.JPG
Attached picture DSC00412.JPG
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: A friends selling his pump collection - Sat Jul 08 2017 12:13 PM
This is what he is going to sell. Nice stuff.

Attached picture DSC02201.JPG
Attached picture DSC02198.JPG
Attached picture DSC02202.JPG
Attached picture DSC02204.JPG
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: A friends selling his pump collection - Sat Jul 08 2017 12:36 PM
Oh my, very very nice.
Who is auctioning off the collection?
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: A friends selling his pump collection - Sat Jul 08 2017 03:10 PM
Morphy's on most of the stuff not the pumps. This is one of the buildings.
Posted By: advertologist Re: A friends selling his pump collection - Sat Jul 08 2017 03:16 PM
impressive .. ... cool
Posted By: Alex Re: A friends selling his pump collection - Sat Jul 08 2017 04:57 PM
Two thoughts....
1. That Montana Chief sign needs to come back to Montana; and
2. I know now where I want to be buried.
Posted By: trifiver Re: A friends selling his pump collection - Sat Jul 08 2017 05:14 PM
wow
Posted By: BrianH Re: A friends selling his pump collection - Sat Jul 08 2017 07:55 PM
I haven't seen that much neon since my last trip to Vegas!

BrianH
Posted By: Done4 Re: A friends selling his pump collection - Sat Jul 08 2017 08:23 PM
One of his buildings? He wins!!!!!!!!
Posted By: intagas Re: A friends selling his pump collection - Sat Jul 08 2017 11:32 PM
Yup,that's the place to go with a collection like that.
Posted By: Ed Steagall Re: A friends selling his pump collection - Sun Jul 09 2017 12:53 AM
shocked O.M.G!!
Posted By: Signs-R-Us Re: A friends selling his pump collection - Sun Jul 09 2017 02:10 AM
Impressive, hate to see it get split up, looks like a Quality collection.
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: A friends selling his pump collection - Sun Jul 09 2017 04:15 AM
To top it all off, he is a great guy who if you needed would give you the shirt off his back.
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: A friends selling his pump collection - Mon Jul 10 2017 01:13 AM
What a beautiful collection!
Posted By: minuteman Re: A friends selling his pump collection - Mon Jul 10 2017 01:35 AM
Originally Posted By Craig Osbeck
To top it all off, he is a great guy who if you needed would give you the shirt off his back.

Yes looks like he could afford another....lol
Posted By: Derbygasman Re: A friends selling his pump collection - Mon Jul 10 2017 09:38 PM
Thanks Awesome. Beautiful job on the pumps Craig.
Posted By: Speedracer Re: A friends selling his pump collection - Tue Jul 11 2017 04:09 AM
Very impressive. I need to win the lottery.
Posted By: Nigel Re: A friends selling his pump collection - Sat Jul 15 2017 10:14 PM
what an incredible collection....fantastic
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: A friends selling his pump collection - Mon Jul 17 2017 12:53 PM
He has sent me pictures of the empty buildings now and boy does it look different. Major change.
Posted By: buzzy56 Re: A friends selling his pump collection - Mon Jul 17 2017 10:17 PM
That is the most impressive collection that I have layed eyes on ! All I can say is drool drool drool .....
Posted By: wayno48 Re: A friends selling his pump collection - Tue Jul 18 2017 12:28 AM
Wonderful collection.I hope your friends reason for selling was not health related.
Posted By: fleetcmat Re: A friends selling his pump collection - Fri Jul 21 2017 08:38 AM
WOW! Very nice collection! If I only had an endless supply of cash.
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: A friends selling his pump collection - Sat Aug 05 2017 07:08 PM
Thanks to all. The auction stuff has been picked up now and the remaining pumps I guess are either staying there or going to his son.
Thanks
Posted By: TChief Re: A friends selling his pump collection - Sun Aug 06 2017 01:57 AM
This must be what heaven looks like?
Posted By: 5gunner5 Re: A friends selling his pump collection - Fri Sep 22 2017 02:11 AM
Has your friend sold any pumps as of yet. TY
Posted By: bullsvt9313 Re: A friends selling his pump collection - Fri Sep 22 2017 05:32 PM
This is an awesome collection. I really like that mustang oil sign.
Posted By: oiljobber Re: A friends selling his pump collection - Sat Dec 02 2017 08:52 PM
I have a friend there bidding for me and I can't believe I stole some of these items so far. I've been watching this auction for over two months now....neons and pumps were cheap. Looks like the whole sale is bringing below their low estimates. Feel bad for who ever put together this magnificent collection but it's nice to finally get some buys.
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: A friends selling his pump collection - Mon Dec 04 2017 12:01 AM
You are exactly right. Told him not to put the good pumps in there because of the freight with them. Spoke with him last night and he was not happy for sure. I believe that the high freight for the larger items along with the 25% buyers premium for internet had something to do with it.
Feel bad for him, but he did keep some very nice items. In the whole thing, there was only one or two items that made it to the high amount they were thinking. Some did not even get half of the low. Lots of high priced items in the last couple of years and do not know if the money will keep up with it. Possibly all the big dollar guys have the one piece they need and so when another comes up they do not need it.
Posted By: minuteman Re: A friends selling his pump collection - Mon Dec 04 2017 04:54 PM
Originally Posted By oiljobber
I have a friend there bidding for me and I can't believe I stole some of these items so far. I've been watching this auction for over two months now....neons and pumps were cheap. Looks like the whole sale is bringing below their low estimates. Feel bad for who ever put together this magnificent collection but it's nice to finally get some buys.

Was your guy just bidding or does he actually know what he is looking at. I guess
You will see when you get your items. This was the biggest buyer beware auction i have ever been to with restored/touched up, drilled for neon signs. All common pumps, twin bringing over 30k and had single cylinder, meter boxes that were never meant to go on that pump.
Anything that was good brought good money.
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: A friends selling his pump collection - Tue Dec 05 2017 04:49 AM
Yes, many questionable things there for sure. One man's likes and another's ruined sign. Same with the common pumps for sure. The twin's cylinders are a clear signal when looking at them.
Posted By: oiljobber Re: A friends selling his pump collection - Wed Dec 06 2017 12:33 AM
Actually if you look at the auction only about 8 items brought near top range of estimate. Everything else brought at low estimate or below. I was absolutely amazed. There were a decent number of altered signs, but there were also a huge quanity of untouched pieces. And abunch of those went cheap. I scored a couple double-sided neons and paid half of what I thought i would. I feel bad for the owner. I think he chose the wrong auctioneer and wrong location. Fortunately I was able to have everything privately hauled so I'm not having to pay a shipper. I do think the buyers premium that they charge is crazy even for on-site bidders.
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: A friends selling his pump collection - Thu Jan 04 2018 01:06 AM
Exactly so, and now he has nine cars down in Arizona for the other auction not BJ this month. Hope it goes better for him. He was really unhappy.
Posted By: BIGFOOT Re: A friends selling his pump collection - Fri Jan 12 2018 10:04 PM
Too bad all these signs and pumps were not for sale at one of the enthusiast shows.
Something like that. A ton of this could have been pre sold.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk