Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Nicole 2nd ed. Sims Gas Pumps ID and Price Guide - Sat Feb 03 2018 03:58 AM
For Auction: An Illustrated Guide to Gas Pumps, Identification and Price Guide, 2nd Edition, by Jack Sim

I have enjoyed this book, have used it when quizzed on OldGas about pumps back when, or just seeing something I liked and wanted to figure out which one I was looking at without bugging anyone. I also thought I would be doing road trips to look for them 'in the wild' but found out I can be pretty shy about asking people out of the blue about their pumps on their property.

I know there may come a time when I tell myself, dang! I wish I still had that...but this is a book that deserves to go on the road with someone who will use it and get it dog eared. I keep it too pristine...lol!

Condition, like new
Starting bid $50
Ending time Friday February 9 at noon (central time).
30% of the sale to go to Jim to support this site
Bid does not include Priority Mail cost via USPS from Maryland, that must be paid by purchaser.
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: 2nd ed. Sims Gas Pumps ID and Price Guide - Sun Feb 04 2018 12:07 AM
Ok lets get rolling 60. bucks. Don't need but got a buddy that would like it. He keeps mine about half the time.
Posted By: Speedracer Re: 2nd ed. Sims Gas Pumps ID and Price Guide - Sun Feb 04 2018 03:54 AM
I'll do $70
Posted By: Nicole Re: 2nd ed. Sims Gas Pumps ID and Price Guide - Thu Feb 08 2018 07:49 PM
Not a great photo but here it is. The front cover has a little damage lower right edge. The back a little damage at the edge low near bottom of gas hose. The top and bottom page stack (what the page edges are) is scuffed (=slight color mottling to the overall red). The spine is smooth. Has never been opened completely flat.

Bright spots are the flash, and curviness is camera angle and because it's a paperback. Good price considering the prices out there on the net, and %30 of final bid goes to Jim to help fund this great site.

I have a meeting in the morning, and have to run some errands, so might not be back on the dot 12 noon Central Time, but the book will go to the first bid at 12 that shows up on OLDGAS. If no bid at noon, then the book goes to the closest bid before noon CENTRAL TIME, February 9 (tomorrow). I will announce on the thread and pm the bidder as soon as I am able to.

Thanks!

Attached picture afront book.jpg
Attached picture back book.jpg
Posted By: Nicole Re: 2nd ed. Sims Gas Pumps ID and Price Guide - Fri Feb 09 2018 06:03 PM
it's 12:02 Central so Speedracer it's yours. Will send you a pm....
Posted By: Speedracer Re: 2nd ed. Sims Gas Pumps ID and Price Guide - Fri Feb 09 2018 06:05 PM
Great.. Thank you.
Posted By: Oldgas Re: 2nd ed. Sims Gas Pumps ID and Price Guide - Fri Feb 09 2018 07:09 PM
Thanks to Nicole for the generous inclusion of Oldgas.com in her gas pump book auction. Thanks to all bidders too.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk