Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: JeffS MS80 Pump, Recently Restored, Polly Gas - STUNNING - Wed Sep 16 2015 10:07 PM
I purchased this from Paul Bell earlier in the year, but must let it go to replace funds used on a classic car that I acquired. The paint on this pump is amazing and flawless. Certainly a work of art... Here is Paul's description of the work completed:

Professional restoration!! The pump is a Martin & Schwartz Model 80. Here’s the list of features:

- All sheet metal and frame sand blasted down to bare metal. Metal sealed with etching epoxy primer.

- Dents removed and surface prepared with multiple coats of catalyzed primer. Primer sanded with increasingly finer grits. Primer sealed.

- Automotive grade color coat / clear coat paint applied. Polly flourescent green and mirror-like black paint!

- Racing stripe graphics are painted, not decals, in multiple colors, buried in multiple layers of clear coat. And yes, it took a lot of measurements and time to get everything to line up just right!

- Clear coat is sanded flat and buffed to a high shine. Angled shots included so you can see the bodywork / paint quality

- The globe body is aluminum, also polished to a high shine.

- The meter is a restored original, not a reproduction. I did not use stickers on the meter numbers. The porcelain faceplate is a reproduction.

- The inside of the pump is also painted.

- All new wiring, including a ground wire (three wire, not two). Dimmer switch added, accessible from the little side door. Easy access ON/OFF switch at the top of the pump.

- New rubber seals on doors, windows, and new hose.

The price is $3750 firm, and that INCLUDES SHIPPING anywhere in the continental US, as long as your location is tractor-trailer accessible. If you wish to pick-up the pump, I will knock $500 off the price.
Jeff,
Can I have your permission to use the top picture in my next Gas Pump ID book? It is much better than the picture I am have in the book.

Thanking you in advance,

Jack Sim
Posted By: JeffS Re: MS80 Pump, Recently Restored, Polly Gas - STUNNING - Thu Sep 17 2015 12:03 AM
Originally Posted By Jack Sim
Jeff,
Can I have your permission to use the top picture in my next Gas Pump ID book? It is much better than the picture I am have in the book.

Thanking you in advance,

Jack Sim

Of course Jack! I think Paul would be honored to have his work in your new book.
Thank you, it is in the book. I acknowledged both Paul and you as contributors.

Thanks again,

Jack
Posted By: JeffS Re: MS80 Pump, Recently Restored, Polly Gas - STUNNING - Sun Sep 20 2015 12:20 AM
I can deliver this to Hershey if someone decided to purchase it.
Posted By: JeffS Re: MS80 Pump, Recently Restored, Polly Gas - STUNNING - Sun Sep 27 2015 05:33 PM
Only price drop - $3650 includes shipping in the lower 48 or $3150 local pick-up.
Posted By: JeffS Re: MS80 Pump, Recently Restored, Polly Gas - STUNNING - Mon Oct 26 2015 01:31 AM
btt
Posted By: JeffS Re: MS80 Pump, Recently Restored, Polly Gas - STUNNING - Sat Feb 06 2016 03:53 AM
btt
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk