Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: shelibby NOS Eco Islander - New In Crate - MINT - Sun Jan 31 2016 09:29 PM
Gulf orange and blue - key's are still in little cloth bag - has original hoses and bibs under cover - just opened to take pictures - never been out of box - hole on top right side of crate. No scratches or issues.

$ 9995.00 or best offer

612-963-5350

Attached picture IMG_20160106_161752513.jpg
Posted By: Steven C. Re: NOS Eco Islander - New In Crate - MINT - Sun Jan 31 2016 09:31 PM
Wow!! Now that's a survivor!!!
Posted By: Derbygasman Re: NOS Eco Islander - New In Crate - MINT - Sun Jan 31 2016 09:58 PM
Wow is right. That's cool.
Posted By: 1 BAD ZR1 Re: NOS Eco Islander - New In Crate - MINT - Sun Jan 31 2016 10:50 PM
I would have a hard time selling that. Really cool!
Posted By: texacokie Re: NOS Eco Islander - New In Crate - MINT - Sun Jan 31 2016 11:14 PM
I would keep it and display it just like that!
Posted By: philmccauley Re: NOS Eco Islander - New In Crate - MINT - Mon Feb 01 2016 01:54 AM
What a find, I agree I would display it as is with the top leaning next to the crate.
Posted By: danlap99 Re: NOS Eco Islander - New In Crate - MINT - Mon Feb 01 2016 02:03 AM
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: GASandOIL Re: NOS Eco Islander - New In Crate - MINT - Mon Feb 01 2016 07:02 PM
WOW !!!
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: NOS Eco Islander - New In Crate - MINT - Mon Feb 01 2016 07:21 PM
someone go in half with me..You get it on odd days,I even.
Posted By: Bill jr Re: NOS Eco Islander - New In Crate - MINT - Mon Feb 01 2016 07:31 PM
Rick
hat would work if we lived closer How about odd/even months
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: NOS Eco Islander - New In Crate - MINT - Mon Feb 01 2016 11:17 PM
That's a deal breaker. smile
Posted By: minuteman Re: NOS Eco Islander - New In Crate - MINT - Mon Feb 01 2016 11:37 PM
Did you find it in an old Husky Oil or Midwest Oil shed?
Mine is the exact same color, came from husky dealer in Montana.
Posted By: shelibby Re: NOS Eco Islander - New In Crate - MINT - Mon Feb 01 2016 11:46 PM
A guy found 3 of them in a old building in Massachusetts he punched hole in crate to make sure meter was inside. Not sure what kind of dealer it was.
Posted By: Ron Scobie Re: NOS Eco Islander - New In Crate - MINT - Tue Feb 02 2016 02:40 AM
A number of years ago someone had a "NOS" Islander at Hershey. It did not have the decal on the inside of the door and all the drive screws on the tags had been replaced with machine screws. I'm not making any insinuations about this one. Just some things to be on the lookout for.
Ron
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: NOS Eco Islander - New In Crate - MINT - Tue Feb 02 2016 03:23 AM
Wow! That is so cool!
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: NOS Eco Islander - New In Crate - MINT - Tue Feb 02 2016 05:02 AM
It was around 1997, I had been doing Carlisle/Hershey for about two years. I pulled in Carlisle early Monday morning, the field was basically empty. I placed my trailer, disconnected it and then took a drive around the mostly empty fairgrounds.
Before going I spent just about every cent I had getting my ECOs ready to sell, so when I got there I had very little in my pocket to spend on much more than the next meal. My buying usually started after my first sale.
Driving around I spotted a Islander, still in its crate, leaning against a trailer. I asked the price, $850.00. By the time I came up with the money it as long gone.

Oh for the good old days.

Jack Sim
Posted By: Bill jr Re: NOS Eco Islander - New In Crate - MINT - Tue Feb 02 2016 12:55 PM
Jack
Do you remember if the crate looked the same as this one?
Posted By: BryceG Re: NOS Eco Islander - New In Crate - MINT - Tue Feb 02 2016 01:49 PM
Originally Posted By Ron Scobie
A number of years ago someone had a "NOS" Islander at Hershey. It did not have the decal on the inside of the door and all the drive screws on the tags had been replaced with machine screws. I'm not making any insinuations about this one. Just some things to be on the lookout for.
Ron

good points by Ron. someone just posted a supposed 'NOS' pump on facebook and when looking close at pictures, you could see wear around the hose guards, scratches in paint, and the veeder root was locked in reset. and the crate was obviously wood that wasnt 60+ years old.

not saying anything about the one posted here, but as Ron said, there are things to lookout for with the NOS items.
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: NOS Eco Islander - New In Crate - MINT - Tue Feb 02 2016 08:43 PM
Bill,

Sorry, can't hardly remember what I did yesterday. I have pictures of Bennett gas pumps in crates, but none of the Islanders.

Jack
Posted By: Bill jr Re: NOS Eco Islander - New In Crate - MINT - Tue Feb 02 2016 09:38 PM
Thank You Jack
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk