Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: neonhighway NOS 24" Gargoyle Mobile Oil Hanging Sign W/Bracket - Mon Oct 09 2017 03:14 PM
Very Rare 24 inch Porcelain Gargoyle Mobiloil Hanging Sign in MINT condition with bracket pulled from crate dated 1937

This sign was found this weekend in an barn from an old Mobil Oil Distributor here in CA, CRATE DOES NOT COME WITH you are buying sign and bracket only, you will be hard pressed to find another in this condition

Crate was marked General Petroleum Delano CA

Payment by CASH / CHECK / or MONEY ORDER and shipping is included (after payment has cleared)

$4500 OBO

559 730-8777 Bob

Attached picture 1.jpg
Attached picture 2.jpg
Attached picture 5.jpg
Attached picture 6.jpg
Posted By: Tankar Re: NOS 24" Gargoyle Mobile Oil Hanging Sign W/Bracket - Mon Oct 09 2017 03:16 PM
How much
(Edited) Price is in the post
NOS stuff from the 30s, sweet.
Posted By: redmike Re: NOS 24" Gargoyle Mobile Oil Hanging Sign W/Bracket - Mon Oct 09 2017 07:56 PM
$4500.00 and NO CRATE? Wow!
Posted By: wocopep Re: NOS 24" Gargoyle Mobile Oil Hanging Sign W/Bracket - Mon Oct 09 2017 10:36 PM
Please post a pic of the writing on the crate.
Posted By: wayno48 Re: NOS 24" Gargoyle Mobile Oil Hanging Sign W/Bracket - Mon Oct 09 2017 10:37 PM
Nice find.I wonder if the guy on here lowright that makes those killer sign brackets has seen this form?
Incredible find of course!!!
I can't afford item so you can tell me to take a walk if you want, but for the sake of curiosity, I can't help but ask, why is the crate not part of the deal? I'm sure others are wondering as well.
Posted By: wocopep Re: NOS 24" Gargoyle Mobile Oil Hanging Sign W/Bracket - Mon Oct 09 2017 11:27 PM
I was wondering the same thing. What benefit would it be to the seller to keep the crate and split up the contents, never to be together again.
Posted By: Done4 Re: NOS 24" Gargoyle Mobile Oil Hanging Sign W/Bracket - Mon Oct 09 2017 11:38 PM
Might need it for kindling?
Posted By: wayno48 Re: NOS 24" Gargoyle Mobile Oil Hanging Sign W/Bracket - Mon Oct 09 2017 11:45 PM
4,500 buys a lot of cord wood
Posted By: wayno48 Re: NOS 24" Gargoyle Mobile Oil Hanging Sign W/Bracket - Mon Oct 09 2017 11:50 PM
I'm guessing the shipping weight.The post price includes shipping.
Maybe their are more signs?
What about the original news paper , Wouldn't that be part of the deal ?
Posted By: wayno48 Re: NOS 24" Gargoyle Mobile Oil Hanging Sign W/Bracket - Tue Oct 10 2017 12:59 AM
Why not state that.
Originally Posted By Steven C.
Incredible find of course!!!
I can't afford item so you can tell me to take a walk if you want, but for the sake of curiosity, I can't help but ask, why is the crate not part of the deal? I'm sure others are wondering as well.

I am also wondering why it wouldn't stay all together. Like Frank said, maybe there are more signs??? For $4500 you should at least get that Stuffed Finger Rolls recipe.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk