Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Big Block Cat BOTW:"BUY'S OF THE WEEK!" May 2nd - May 8th 2016 - Sun May 08 2016 06:40 PM
smile Happy Mother's Day Old gas land..I'm starting this weeks botw a little early. I hope everyone had a great week! I managed to pick up this rare Hancock qt can and bought a slide photo off ebay with a rare hancock white gasoline decal on one of the pumps. Keep them coming!

Attached picture week 24 and 46.JPG
Attached picture week 20 b.JPG
Attached picture jhkg,k;l.jpg
Attached picture yhghjl;kjjk;.jpg
your killing me!
one quart can for me.. ... cool

Attached picture IMG_2169[1].JPG
Slow week...1 early can....

Posted By: Nucky Re: BOTW:"BUY'S OF THE WEEK!" May 2nd - May 8th 2016 - Sun May 08 2016 07:11 PM
wow that centralene is georgeous

for me today, this swiss BP porcelain sign from 1940

a french castrol tin sign

and a shell 2 strokes oil can

Anthony
That is one Killer qt. Jim
got this real nice 6"X45" truck sign.

Attached picture 20160507_1359221.jpg
Attached picture 20160507_1359281.jpg
Picked up a Roman and got to spend some time with Todd Tessman.

Attached picture Roman.jpg
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: BOTW:"BUY'S OF THE WEEK!" May 2nd - May 8th 2016 - Mon May 09 2016 01:15 AM
Finally picked up on a neon sign that I have been wanting for a long, long time! I've passed on a couple because of the price, and missed a couple because I was too slow! LOL
This time, the stars aligned with the help of a good friend and Old Gasser--Porcelain-neon (aka-Greg Baumgartner). Without his help, I would have missed this one too! Thanks Greg!!
Now that its unpacked, its time for a little cleanup and then off to get a can made and get lit up!!
Embossed Porcelain Neon--- doesn't get any better than that!!

Attached picture Gillette 1.jpg
Attached picture Gillette 2.jpg
Attached picture Gillette 3.jpg
Attached picture Gillette 4.jpg
Congratulations on the Roman Sean! Great stuff everyone!
Posted By: Rymac Re: BOTW:"BUY'S OF THE WEEK!" May 2nd - May 8th 2016 - Mon May 09 2016 02:56 AM
That Hancock quart is awesome Anthony! I finally added a stinker to my collection.

Attached picture image.jpeg
Thanks Ryan! I like Skunk oil can too! You're going to have to keep that one out side though wink
Where is the rest of the pump Sean? And by the way, which one are you?
A couple for me. I like the local MI connection on the Penn-Master sign. Would like to find a period qt or grease can to go with this if anyone has one.

Posted By: The Rip Re: BOTW:"BUY'S OF THE WEEK!" May 2nd - May 8th 2016 - Mon May 09 2016 01:51 PM
A couple of Mobil Quarts

Attached picture DSC_8709.JPG
Attached picture DSC_8710.JPG
Posted By: savex Re: BOTW:"BUY'S OF THE WEEK!" May 2nd - May 8th 2016 - Mon May 09 2016 04:55 PM
New can for me.

Attached picture pan can 001.JPG
Posted By: Oldgas Re: BOTW:"BUY'S OF THE WEEK!" May 2nd - May 8th 2016 - Mon May 09 2016 09:36 PM
Got a nice Goodyear tire stand under my Goodyear wide white

Attached picture goodyear-tire-stand.jpg
Added a Veedol WWII era Oil Bottle to the Collection, I had only seen them in photos:

Thanks to Nelson (HI-OCTANE) and Ebay; a Deep Rock (thanks again Nelson!) and a Tide Water Associated Ethyl Passenger Car Data booklet got added to my little collection:

Posted By: BryceG Re: BOTW:"BUY'S OF THE WEEK!" May 2nd - May 8th 2016 - Tue May 10 2016 03:09 PM
a few pickups from last weekend...

Attached picture botw5-10-1.jpg
Attached picture botw5-10-2.jpg
Attached picture botw5-10-3.jpg
Attached picture botw5-10-4.jpg
Bryce nice Veedol sign!!!!
I just got this harder to find solid white pump Atlantic set.

Attached picture White Atlantic.jpg
Posted By: justgassy Re: BOTW:"BUY'S OF THE WEEK!" May 2nd - May 8th 2016 - Thu May 12 2016 11:43 PM
Picked up this 3' x 6' Conoco sign yesterday. Painted metal on wood frame, a little different.

Cliff

Attached picture 20160511_175142.jpeg
Posted By: pipes Re: BOTW:"BUY'S OF THE WEEK!" May 2nd - May 8th 2016 - Fri May 13 2016 01:19 AM
Got a few things from a bulk plant that was being torn down. the sign was under the terminal that was built on cedar posts.. one sign was underneath covered with dirt soaked fuel/diesel and the other sign was behind the building! the other ones were just inside hiding.

before
after

extras
Scored on STORAGE and POLISHING signs. I have never seen a STORAGE sign before. Also a NOS UNION battery. Dated 1972. I sold many of those in my day. Ruined a lot of jeans spilling battery acid on them. All batteries came dry charged and we had to fill and charge before installing.

Attached picture Union signs.jpg
Attached picture Union battery.jpg
Posted By: richlube Re: BOTW:"BUY'S OF THE WEEK!" May 2nd - May 8th 2016 - Sun May 15 2016 05:39 PM
i like that seldom seen storage sign.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk