Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: rkmiller Gilbert Barker type 67 model 7 pump restoration - Thu Mar 02 2017 06:27 PM
Assembling my G&B type 67 gas pump. Has been on our family farm for almost 80 years.

Nice looking pump. Richard
Posted By: Done4 Re: Gilbert Barker type 67 model 7 pump restoration - Thu Mar 02 2017 08:05 PM
NIce job Ryan.
Posted By: Steven C. Re: Gilbert Barker type 67 model 7 pump restoration - Thu Mar 02 2017 09:53 PM
The pump looks great!! And the family farm looks awesome too!! Although I think those 3 brown signs are repops.
Posted By: rkmiller Re: Gilbert Barker type 67 model 7 pump restoration - Thu Mar 02 2017 10:21 PM
Thanks!

My kids decided to make some signs so I hung them up.

I built the shop a few years ago and insulated it, put in heat and had the floor epoxy coated.

Does anyone have any vintage photos of one of these at a gas station?
Nice looking pump and garage!
Posted By: Steven C. Re: Gilbert Barker type 67 model 7 pump restoration - Thu Mar 02 2017 11:06 PM
Awwe. That's so cool that your kids made you some signs!! Love it!!
Nice pump!!
Posted By: rkmiller Re: Gilbert Barker type 67 model 7 pump restoration - Thu Mar 09 2017 02:23 AM
Here are a few more photos.

I took it completely apart, cleaned everything up and put new seals in the pump motor, etc.

The inside was fairly clean, so I just cleaned it all up and made sure it all worked.

The glass is new - the old jar had spiral cracked around the bottom 4 inches. I found a new glass and copied the Pyrex from the old jar (I still have stored away) and etched it onto the new jar.

The gallon markers had remnants of brass plating on them and the rods so I refinished them and hand painted the numbers and letters back onto the markers and all the tags.

Posted By: rkmiller Re: Gilbert Barker type 67 model 7 pump restoration - Thu Mar 09 2017 02:30 AM
Posted By: rkmiller Re: Gilbert Barker type 67 model 7 pump restoration - Thu Mar 09 2017 02:42 AM
When the handle comes off, the little door is pulled over to the other tab and a lock goes on to keep someone from pumping after hours. When the door is closed it actuates a lever that is connected to a valve at the bottom of the jar that then drains the left over gas back down into the tank.

Posted By: rkmiller Re: Gilbert Barker type 67 model 7 pump restoration - Thu Mar 09 2017 02:52 AM
Posted By: Wallster Re: Gilbert Barker type 67 model 7 pump restoration - Thu Mar 09 2017 06:57 PM
Very nice!
Posted By: rkmiller Re: Gilbert Barker type 67 model 7 pump restoration - Sat Mar 11 2017 03:19 AM
Thanks!
I took the data plates off and matched the paint. It was all this color red originally.
Looks great, nice garage!
Posted By: rkmiller Re: Gilbert Barker type 67 model 7 pump restoration - Fri Jun 02 2017 12:34 AM
Getting closer to finishing the pump.

Here is a photo of the globe and the lights installed. I added a photo of the Pyrex logo I etched onto the glass copied from the original cylinder.
I unrolled some green window tint on the inside of the cylinder so it looks like it has gas in it.

Posted By: rkmiller Re: Gilbert Barker type 67 model 7 pump restoration - Sun Aug 20 2017 08:45 PM
Here is the final reassembly. I added a couple of decals like those on the advertising photos for the pump.

Thanks for help in sourcing parts to the following who without I could not have finished this family heirloom:

Charlie Shaver
Ron Scobie
Vickie Hendershot
Aaron Kewish
Jim at T-way Graphics
Ken Miller

Ken Miller

Posted By: Done4 Re: Gilbert Barker type 67 model 7 pump restoration - Sun Aug 20 2017 09:44 PM
Very nice, isn't it great when a plan comes together! Great job.
Looks great!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk