Oldgas.com Home
Hi Petros

Here are the Pix how I get my Shell Pump .....
It was advertised in a german Classifiedsforum similar to your Craigslist....
The Pump was used to fill up the Little Tractors that work for a big Hothousecompany at the araea of Cologne, Germany ....
I bought it right out of its original Place.
The Pump was fully complete only the key for the case was missing ...
I had to replace one Screen . did alot of cleaning and covered a part of one sidedoor with foil because this door seems to be replaced from another Pump out of the same series but with different stripecolours ( The Super-pumps had different Striping than the Diesel-Ones at this Kind of Shell-Pumps )
Greetings
Andy

Attached picture 01.JPG
Attached picture 02.JPG
Attached picture 03.JPG
Attached picture 04.JPG
Nice pump. You did a great job on it. It looks a lot like a Southwest Model 45 gas pump that were made in the United States.
Posted By: JimT Re: How I found my Shell Scheid & Bachmann from 1962 - Fri May 05 2017 08:20 AM
Nice!
Posted By: Stu K. Re: How I found my Shell Scheid & Bachmann from 1962 - Fri May 05 2017 09:36 AM
That turned out really well!
Posted By: Done4 Re: How I found my Shell Scheid & Bachmann from 1962 - Fri May 05 2017 11:52 AM
Very nice, cool globe.
Posted By: Steven C. Re: How I found my Shell Scheid & Bachmann from 1962 - Fri May 05 2017 11:52 AM
I'm I correct in that that is original paint? You only cleaned it?
If I'm understanding that correctly, WOW, beautiful survivor!!!
Hi Steve

There were only a few damaged small spots that i fixed with enamel paint and this particular spot that had to be changed in Color but yes its now 95 % Original like it was made in 1962...
The Globe is a( quite cheap )gift from a friend of mine because it makes no sense to me purchasing a glassreproduction for the same amount I spent on the whole pump 4 years ago......
Some more Pix of the Procedure attached
Greetings

Attached picture 05.JPG
Attached picture 06.JPG
Attached picture 07.JPG
One more of the other side :
( BTW : even the Bulbs are Original that give better light than aftermarkettubes )

Attached picture 08.JPG
Posted By: pickurt Re: How I found my Shell Scheid & Bachmann from 1962 - Fri May 05 2017 01:32 PM
Sharp, looks great.

Is it porcelain? It looks like it where there is chips.
Posted By: Nicole Re: How I found my Shell Scheid & Bachmann from 1962 - Sun May 07 2017 02:23 PM
Est ist sehr schön...

Actually both your pumps are wonderful--with original colors in such good condition. I couldn't imagine this pump would look so good in a greenhouse/hothouse with such high humidity. Even the inside metal seems to have very little corrosion.
Posted By: BrianH Re: How I found my Shell Scheid & Bachmann from 1962 - Sun May 07 2017 06:18 PM
Wow Andy, that pump looks so good that at first I was afraid you repainted it! Now that I know you just cleaned it up, WOW. That pump is in fabulous condition for it's age. Great pump and nice score for you.

Brian H
Andy, Very nice pump, globe is perfect for that pump.
Thats awesome!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk