Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Big Block Cat BOTW:"BUY'S OF THE WEEK!" Jun 26th-Jul 2nd 2017 - Mon Jul 03 2017 01:33 AM
It's time for botw! I hope everyone had a great week!

Attached picture week 8and 34 and 65 and 102.JPG
Attached picture week 20 b.JPG
Attached picture hancock map.jpg
a corona oil bottle .. ... cool

Attached picture IMG_2731[1].JPG
Nice Hancock Map!!!
I haven't posted for a few months here's some of my buys.

Attached picture rsz_img_0301.jpg
Attached picture rsz_misc_cans-97.jpg
Attached picture rsz_1misc_cans-98.jpg
Attached picture rsz_20170408_195948.jpg
Some more items.

Attached picture rsz_1rsz_autopar_hand_cleaner_&_dispenser-1.jpg
Attached picture rsz_atlas_battery_caddy-1.jpg
Attached picture rsz_atlas_battery_caddy-3.jpg
Attached picture rsz_vixen_spark_plug_tester-1.jpg
Last few items.

Attached picture rsz_edelmann_flexible_lines_rack-1.jpg
Attached picture rsz_multi_items_auburn_plugs-1.jpg
Attached picture rsz_holley_fender_protector-1.jpg
Posted By: Tankar Re: BOTW:"BUY'S OF THE WEEK!" Jun 26th-Jul 2nd 2017 - Mon Jul 03 2017 10:47 PM
Tiolene sign not often seen. usually it says product of the pure oil company on one side only.

Attached picture 002 (31).jpg
Posted By: Coops 427 Re: BOTW:"BUY'S OF THE WEEK!" Jun 26th-Jul 2nd 2017 - Thu Jul 06 2017 12:55 AM
Found these in an old grain elevator today. The small sign on the far right is a scraper someone made from an early porcelain Chevrolet sign. Not the best condition but they are early, the price was right, and they have a cool story. NFS

What is with these please up date signs on here ?
Posted By: eshaver Re: BOTW:"BUY'S OF THE WEEK!" Jun 26th-Jul 2nd 2017 - Thu Jul 06 2017 01:09 AM
Originally Posted By Coops 427
Found these in an old grain elevator today. The small sign on the far right is a scraper someone made from an early porcelain Chevrolet sign. Not the best condition but they are early, the price was right, and they have a cool story. NFS

You can FORGET using Photobucket any longer folks ! They want a "LICENSE Fee " to share your photos . Old gas needs to make it simpler as MOST other sites to re post pictures . I have NEVER figured the system out .
Posted By: Coops 427 Re: BOTW:"BUY'S OF THE WEEK!" Jun 26th-Jul 2nd 2017 - Thu Jul 06 2017 01:12 AM
That 3rd party info popped up when I tried to preview this pic. I tried again and I can see it fine. Is it not showing up for anyone else?
Not showing on my screen.
Posted By: Johnay Re: BOTW:"BUY'S OF THE WEEK!" Jun 26th-Jul 2nd 2017 - Thu Jul 06 2017 10:46 AM
COOP are you using the IMG link? That might be the issue .
Posted By: BrianH Re: BOTW:"BUY'S OF THE WEEK!" Jun 26th-Jul 2nd 2017 - Thu Jul 06 2017 11:01 AM
When I first joined Oldgas I thought the process of posting pictures (and resizing them) was pretty confusing, and I've worked in IT for 25 years! Now that I've used it several times it's pretty simple, but I agree it's not very intuitive and not as simple as sites running different forum software.

I'm wondering if I should make a Youtube video of how to do this?

BrianH
Yes! You should-please.
Posted By: Coops 427 Re: BOTW:"BUY'S OF THE WEEK!" Jun 26th-Jul 2nd 2017 - Thu Jul 06 2017 11:46 AM
Yes, I'm using the IMG link like I've always used. It must be a problem with Photobucket. Any suggestions? A Youtube video of the new way would be helpful.
Posted By: KL Bird Re: BOTW:"BUY'S OF THE WEEK!" Jun 26th-Jul 2nd 2017 - Thu Jul 06 2017 01:41 PM
Apparently, from some other sites I visit, (the h.a.m.b.) there is some talk that photobucket switched to charging their customers $399 a year? Sounded like a lot of people there were quite ticked off. I still use imageshack, they charge as well but only $50 a year which I can handle. So that's the scuttlebutt that I heard, maybe someone else can elaborate or correct.
Ken.
Posted By: Speedracer Re: BOTW:"BUY'S OF THE WEEK!" Jun 26th-Jul 2nd 2017 - Fri Jul 07 2017 02:54 PM
I wish everyone would use the image resize tool on Old Gas. It is not too difficult, once you know how.

The biggest problem with Imageshack, Photobucket and similar programs, is that once your photo is deleted from their site, it gets deleted here as well. This makes researching old prices, signs, values, authenticity (pictures of original versions), etc. very difficult when there is no picture because someone used Photobucket or Imageshack and the photo is no longer in the thread.

I wish all new members would try to learn the old gas re-size tool, to provide years of future reference material.
Posted By: BrianH Re: BOTW:"BUY'S OF THE WEEK!" Jun 26th-Jul 2nd 2017 - Fri Jul 07 2017 05:27 PM
Totally agree Steve....it is super-frustrating when you do a forum search on Oldgas and all the pics are dead links. If we could all learn how to upload/embed pics within the thread, this site would be much more useful.

BrianH
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: BOTW:"BUY'S OF THE WEEK!" Jun 26th-Jul 2nd 2017 - Fri Jul 07 2017 06:50 PM
I agree with Steve and Brian.....it took me probably 20 minutes to figure out the resize and posting offered by the site a couple years ago. After I did it twice I had it down pat, and I've used it ever since. I look back on the Mobil COTM thread I hosted and see how useless it is now visually since I used Imageshack to post all of my pics. I had no idea that they wouldn't always be there. frown
Darin
Posted By: Speedracer Re: BOTW:"BUY'S OF THE WEEK!" Jun 26th-Jul 2nd 2017 - Sat Jul 08 2017 02:57 AM
I think I will start a new thread and mention this, since not everyone will make it to this thread. And we sort of Hi-jacked it. Please continue with those great BOTW.
Here is the page about PB changes....
http://blog.photobucket.com/please-review-latest-changes-photobucket/
Posted By: BrianH Re: BOTW:"BUY'S OF THE WEEK!" Jun 26th-Jul 2nd 2017 - Sun Jul 09 2017 12:12 PM
I really don't understand why you bother with these guys for linking to photos on third-party sites like Oldgas. I would never pay for that. For sharing photos from vacation and stuff, yeah I get that.

I'll get a Youtube video created for posting pics on Oldgas....just give me a few days.

BrianH
Posted By: eshaver Re: BOTW:"BUY'S OF THE WEEK!" Jun 26th-Jul 2nd 2017 - Sun Jul 09 2017 03:49 PM
Originally Posted By BrianH
I really don't understand why you bother with these guys for linking to photos on third-party sites like Oldgas. I would never pay for that. For sharing photos from vacation and stuff, yeah I get that.

I'll get a Youtube video created for posting pics on Oldgas....just give me a few days.

BrianH

Kwell, cause for the life of me , I have yet to figure out how to do it .....
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk